Vettel appears in Melanie Fiona music video

2012 F1 season

Sebastian Vettel, Melanie Fiona, 2012Sebastian Vettel makes an appearance in the video for American R&B performer Melanie Fiona’s new song “Watch me Work”.

The two-times world champion appears alongside Fiona at the wheel of an Infiniti G37. The road car manufacturer is a sponsor of Red Bull and Vettel put his name to a special edition of the car earlier this year.

Here’s Vettel in the video:

The video was filmed in New Jersey while Vettel made a recent visit to the location of the 2013 Grand Prix of America.

“It was a great experience to shoot a music video, and certainly very different to what I?m used to,” said Vettel. “But music is without question an inspiration to many and I?m very proud to have been part of this. I think the lyrics are quite fitting to what we can all do if we put our mind to it.”

Fiona said: “It?s not often you get the chance to be driven by an F1 world champion and when the opportunity came up to have Seb driving me in the video I was like, yes please!

“This is one of my favourite songs and one that I?ve been wanting to put out for a while so to have him involved was great.”

More on the making of the video in this “behind the scenes” feature including interviews with Vettel and Fiona:

2012 F1 season

Browse all 2012 F1 season articles

50 comments on Vettel appears in Melanie Fiona music video

1. James (@jamesf1) said on 30th August 2012, 16:10

I’m at risk of sounding like my dad here (I’m only 23…), but, who?

• James (@jamesf1) said on 30th August 2012, 16:11

I managed to listen to 1 minute 6 seconds of this tripe. Can anyone beat that score?

• Slr (@slr) said on 30th August 2012, 18:11

I’m at risk of sounding like my dad here (I’m only 23…), but, who?

Exactly what I thought, and I’m 18! The song sucks and including advertising in music videos is wrong.

• davidnotcoulthard said on 31st August 2012, 15:55

“Advertising in music videos is wrong.”

Especially if it’s Jacques Villeneuve working for BAT in a Rush (from Canada, just like Jacques and Gilles) video.

2. F1Yankee (@f1yankee) said on 30th August 2012, 16:25

i get a kick out of seeing rbr guys drive the hell out of those infinitis – i have one and the car prevents anything of the sort! even with the computer “off” at the first sign of something interesting, the computer slams the throttle shut leaving you paralyzed in the middle of an intersection. also, i haven’t locked a wheel in 6 years of ownership. i wonder if these systems are still modified individually, or if they can now be done in a software update.

• codesurge (@codesurge) said on 30th August 2012, 17:06

I once rented a G37 (’11 sedan) and had no problem kicking the rear end loose in an empty parking lot. Even if the VDC isn’t totally defeatable, it still gives you enough leeway to have fun before it reins things back in.

3. Victor. (@victor) said on 30th August 2012, 16:50

Just out of curiosity @keithcollantine, what makes this news in your eyes more newsworthy than say Hamilton’s problems with Scherzinger, which I remember you (fortunately) omitting from the round-ups?

• gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 30th August 2012, 17:49

Well, It’s not private, is it ? There’s some driving involved, it’s a PR thing…
      Nothing from the private sphere in there…

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 30th August 2012, 21:19

I like the question! I think it’s interesting what Red Bull are doing to raise the profile of their driver, themselves and the sport in the USA (there’ll be another example of that in tomorrow’s round-up).

Whereas most of the stuff about Hamilton and Scherzinger seemed to be tabloid gossip of dubious veracity and little relevance to the sport.

Then there’s the more prosaic question of material. In this case I had the opportunity to use the video in question. Whereas when Hamilton did a photoshoot for GQ a while back, there was nothing available for me to illustrate the story – at least not without paying a significant sum to GQ! (I mentioned it in the forum with a link, and in the round-up and the usual social media sites as well, if I remember correctly).

4. Cornflakes (@cornflakes) said on 30th August 2012, 16:59

Vettel getting in with pop stars – Hamilton has had experience with that. It’s weird how some drivers have their ‘private life’ quite well known whereas others don’t so much. Like you always hear of Lewis and Nicole, Jenson and Jessica but rarely about who Vettel’s dating and things. Not that I mind… I can’t stand all this pointless gossip about uninteresting personal things, but it’s weird.

5. Lateralus (@lateralus) said on 30th August 2012, 17:10

What a terrible song.

6. Young One said on 30th August 2012, 17:33

He looked like a kid in a candy store.

7. gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 30th August 2012, 17:47

When i saw “R&B performer”, i didn’t hear “Are’n Bee” in my head, bur “Red Bull”…
    Is it serious Doc ???

8. xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 30th August 2012, 20:41

You can tell he’s struggling not to laugh in the film, and it’s really quite funny to watch

9. Oblong_Cheese (@oblong_cheese) said on 30th August 2012, 23:55

Worst cameo appearance by an F1 driver ever, or THE WORST cameo appearance by an F1 driver ever?

Why would Seb be racing a crappy Infiniti around inside an abondoned warehouse? What are all those people really up to in the warehouse? Why is Seb in America participating in activity of unknown legality?
    WHY WON’T HE STOP NODDING?!

So many questions raised.