The biggest change is to the DRS zone at the exit of Lesmo 2 (turn seven). Drivers will have to wait 50m longer than last year before opening their rear wings as the activation point is now 210m beyond the exit of the corner.
The first DRS zone on the start/finish straight has a modest 5m reduction. Drivers will be able to activate DRS 115 metres after the finishing line.
The two detection points have also been altered. The entrance to the Parabolica (turn eleven) is now the detection point for the first activation zone, rather than the exit. The detection point for the other zone remains at the entry to Lesmo 2, but 28 metres earlier.
Some resurfacing work has also taken place at Monza, with new asphalt laid from the exit of the Ascari chicane (turn ten) to the exit of Parabolica.
2012 Italian Grand Prix
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Perez at Monza
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- Rate the Race Results: 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- ZanteX takes Predictions Championship lead
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei