2012 Singapore Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from practice for the Singapore Grand Prix at the Marina Bay circuit.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus F1 Team/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Getty Images/Red Bull, Sahara Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, HRT, Pirelli

11 comments on 2012 Singapore Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st September 2012, 21:20

This circuit really does show how beautiful some of these liveries are. The McLaren and Mercedes particularly look good but the Red Bull looks really good too, especially with Vettel’s helmet.

2. Vettel’s helmet made my day. Couldn’t get enough of it. He really has a fetish for new liveries. Earlier it seemed that he retires every livery after a win which is true but only partly. From 2010, there are so many helmets that he has changed in spite not winning with them.

Over the last 3 years he has come out with some fantastic designs, especially post 2010 but this one is the best!!

3. Chelseano161997 (@chelseano161997) said on 22nd September 2012, 2:25

I like Vettel’s helmet but I’m sure he’s done lights before! This time it’s star constellations of family or so I heard! I also heard the lights flash more under higher g force but I’m not sure how that works.

4. Ginola14 (@ginola14) said on 22nd September 2012, 5:25

Was spectating at the pit straight for practice last night.
    Can’t tell which was Hamilton or Button as the McLarens flew by; both had very similar colors schemes on their helmets this weekend!

Thanks to all those who provided the tip to stand under the expressway bridge near Turn 1 and hear the roar of the engines. It was epic especially with the bounceback off the concrete and really seems twice as loud as hearing them elsewhere – although i had to leave after 10 mins as it was getting too much for my ears!

• ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 22nd September 2012, 9:38

Look around for a blue spot, that’s Button! :P It seems Hamilton has a Singapore-themed helmet there, I thought that was a pleasant surprise :)

• Ginola14 (@ginola14) said on 22nd September 2012, 11:51

Look around for a blue spot, that’s Button!

Very good tip thanks.
        I was able to identify sometimes though which McLaren was driving by if i could see the 3 or 4.

Yeah Hamilton changing helmet did catch me unawares and it is a lovely helmet.

5. RizkyWins said on 22nd September 2012, 12:12

hey Keith, do you know any website or blog that serves free and downloadable HD pictures of GP2 like you do here?