Michael Schumacher will be docked ten places on the grid for the Japanese Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver was handed the penalty for his collision with Jean-Eric Vergne which took both drivers out of the Singapore Grand Prix.
Schumacher admitted the crash was his fault, according to the stewards’ report: “The driver admitted the collision was his error due to the failure to anticipate the braking performance of the car with lower tyre grip following a safety car period.
“The penalty takes into account that this is the second similar offence by the driver this season.”
2012 Singapore Grand Prix
- Hamilton edges Di Resta as top Singapore driver
- Rate the Race Result: 2012 Singapore Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the Singapore Grand Prix
- Williams positive despite “extremely frustrating” race
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei