Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2012

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Jenson Button which prompted a wide grin from his team mate?

After three years together, McLaren’s ‘dream team’ will be broken up as Hamilton heads to Mercedes.

Since Jenson Button joined the team in 2010 the pair have been very closely matched. Hamilton has out-scored Button by the narrow margin of 609 points to 603. They’ve got six races left as team mates to sort that out.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei

135 comments on Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

1. Jenson: (grinning like a madman without saying a word)
    Lewsi: All good there, mate?
    Jenson: (keeps grinning like a madman without saying a word, getting creepy by now)
    Lewis: (shouting out loud) Ok, guys, who told him I’m moving to Mercedes?! It’s supposed to be a secret until Friday!

2. Jayfreese (@) said on 29th September 2012, 12:41

Lewis: “I’m going to Mercedes, Jenson.”
    Button: ” The team I left?! Hahaha!”

…And then, the whole McLaren garage laugh out loud…

3. jake butler said on 29th September 2012, 12:44

lewis: jenson, this contact talks is getting me a bit distracted, make me laugh

Jenson: haha, ok, well, a pussycat doll walks into a bar…

4. Traverse Mark Senior (@) said on 29th September 2012, 12:48

Lewis: Hey JB, I’m really…you know…gonna miss you, I mean the real reason It didn’t work out with Nicole the first time was because…I have strong feelings for you…I guess what I’m saying is…*takes deep breathe* I love you JB and I’m leaving because I can’t handle seeing you with Jessica anymore, it’s tearing me apart inside.
    Jenson: MUHAHAHA! TEHEHE!

5. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 29th September 2012, 12:48

“You moved to a new team; gonna make hell a lot more money than me and yet, I can’t stop grinning mate. Why is that?”

6. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 29th September 2012, 12:49

Button: “..and then they said ‘he’s going to Mercedes!’
    What a joke right?!? Right…?

7. sparkus88 (@sparkus88) said on 29th September 2012, 12:51

Jenson: Haha did you hear bernie and luca and going to stop the engine rule change. Thats you screwed!!!

Lewis: *@#!

8. sparkus88 (@sparkus88) said on 29th September 2012, 12:51

are going*

9. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 29th September 2012, 12:52

so, now you want to challenge me in next years Triathalon?

10. Lewis already fading out of the Mclaren picture.

11. Mclaren lacks the Brawn I’m looking for.

12. So Jens listen up I have figured out a way to keep the Mercedes engines and not have to pay!

13. Mère Çaidaisse said on 29th September 2012, 13:19

“You were just a poor black guy; now you’re a rich silver grey pilot !”

14. Button: “You gonna drive a WHAT?”

15. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 29th September 2012, 13:21

‘Don’t you listen to Jessica for advice? I always go where Nicole wants me to’