Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2012

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Jenson Button which prompted a wide grin from his team mate?

After three years together, McLaren’s ‘dream team’ will be broken up as Hamilton heads to Mercedes.

Since Jenson Button joined the team in 2010 the pair have been very closely matched. Hamilton has out-scored Button by the narrow margin of 609 points to 603. They’ve got six races left as team mates to sort that out.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei

135 comments on Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

1. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 29th September 2012, 12:49

Button: “..and then they said ‘he’s going to Mercedes!’
    What a joke right?!? Right…?

2. sparkus88 (@sparkus88) said on 29th September 2012, 12:51

Jenson: Haha did you hear bernie and luca and going to stop the engine rule change. Thats you screwed!!!

Lewis: *@#!

3. sparkus88 (@sparkus88) said on 29th September 2012, 12:51

are going*

4. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 29th September 2012, 12:52

so, now you want to challenge me in next years Triathalon?

5. Lewis already fading out of the Mclaren picture.

6. Mclaren lacks the Brawn I’m looking for.

7. So Jens listen up I have figured out a way to keep the Mercedes engines and not have to pay!

8. Mère Çaidaisse said on 29th September 2012, 13:19

“You were just a poor black guy; now you’re a rich silver grey pilot !”

9. Button: “You gonna drive a WHAT?”

10. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 29th September 2012, 13:21

‘Don’t you listen to Jessica for advice? I always go where Nicole wants me to’

11. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 29th September 2012, 13:22

Lewis: I’ll go to Mercedes to win championships!
    Button: What? Haha!

12. Boris (@bozdee) said on 29th September 2012, 13:23

Lewis: Jens, ya reckon Merc GP are going to have a championship winning car next season?

13. Button: “I’m not sarcastic, I’m just happy for me..eh I mean you”

14. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 29th September 2012, 13:25

Jenson: So what made you decide to sign the contract with Mercedes?
    Lewis: Well, I had a long chat with Ross and the team, and they told me that they will be able to offer me more chances to win the title, and a better car.
    Jenson: *Thinks back over his seven years with the team*….*Big grin*

15. Jenson: you wanna know why i’m a championship contender next year, while you won’t be?
    Lewis: Why would that be?
    Jenson: because i’ll still be Tooned in, while you’ll be Tooning out.

16. Maverick232 said on 29th September 2012, 13:38

Lewis – season 2 of “Tooned” was the last frickin’ straw!

17. maxthecat said on 29th September 2012, 13:40

Lewis – “Ross Brawn said i can tweet pictures of him in the bathroom so i signed straight away”

18. hey Lewis, they’ve scrapped the 2014 engine regs. umadbro? hahahahaha!

19. Lewis: “What was that message you sent me earlier saying I was going to have a great season next year?”
    Jenson: “Oh sorry, that was meant to go to Sergio.”

20. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 29th September 2012, 13:56

Jenson: “Hey Lewis, check out my p*nis!”