Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2012

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Jenson Button which prompted a wide grin from his team mate?

After three years together, McLaren’s ‘dream team’ will be broken up as Hamilton heads to Mercedes.

Since Jenson Button joined the team in 2010 the pair have been very closely matched. Hamilton has out-scored Button by the narrow margin of 609 points to 603. They’ve got six races left as team mates to sort that out.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? McLaren/Hoch Zwei

135 comments on Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

1. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 29th September 2012, 13:22

Lewis: I’ll go to Mercedes to win championships!
    Button: What? Haha!

2. Boris (@bozdee) said on 29th September 2012, 13:23

Lewis: Jens, ya reckon Merc GP are going to have a championship winning car next season?

3. Button: “I’m not sarcastic, I’m just happy for me..eh I mean you”

4. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 29th September 2012, 13:25

Jenson: So what made you decide to sign the contract with Mercedes?
    Lewis: Well, I had a long chat with Ross and the team, and they told me that they will be able to offer me more chances to win the title, and a better car.
    Jenson: *Thinks back over his seven years with the team*….*Big grin*

5. Jenson: you wanna know why i’m a championship contender next year, while you won’t be?
    Lewis: Why would that be?
    Jenson: because i’ll still be Tooned in, while you’ll be Tooning out.

6. Maverick232 said on 29th September 2012, 13:38

Lewis – season 2 of “Tooned” was the last frickin’ straw!

7. maxthecat said on 29th September 2012, 13:40

Lewis – “Ross Brawn said i can tweet pictures of him in the bathroom so i signed straight away”

8. hey Lewis, they’ve scrapped the 2014 engine regs. umadbro? hahahahaha!

9. Lewis: “What was that message you sent me earlier saying I was going to have a great season next year?”
    Jenson: “Oh sorry, that was meant to go to Sergio.”

10. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 29th September 2012, 13:56

Jenson: “Hey Lewis, check out my p*nis!”

11. Lewis: “yes its true, there is a first for everything, Eddy Jordan was right all along!”

12. Philonso (@philonso) said on 29th September 2012, 14:09

Hamilton: ‘Then guess what he said! He said Nico and myself would be equals!’

13. James (@goodyear92) said on 29th September 2012, 14:14

Button: “So, I can keep your stuff?”

14. Cole Pfeiffer said on 29th September 2012, 14:21

Jenson (speaking in Morgan Freeman’s voice): You’re leaving the fastest team on the grid, force the most successful driver in the history of the sport into retirement, take over his spot in a team that’s struggling to finish in the top 5… and you think you can accomplish what he couldn’t? Good luck.

15. smokinjoe (@smokinjoe) said on 29th September 2012, 14:30

Button: See its me how got the last laugh
    Lewis :Maybe it’s because I’m black…