Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2012

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Jenson Button which prompted a wide grin from his team mate?

After three years together, McLaren’s ‘dream team’ will be broken up as Hamilton heads to Mercedes.

Since Jenson Button joined the team in 2010 the pair have been very closely matched. Hamilton has out-scored Button by the narrow margin of 609 points to 603. They’ve got six races left as team mates to sort that out.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? McLaren/Hoch Zwei

135 comments on Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

1. A Stirling Moss SLR for my 1st, a Gullwing for my 2nd and when I win the 3rd Championship a 540K Special Roadster

2. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 29th September 2012, 20:24

Lewis: It’s not that bad, from one Silver Arrow to another.
    Jenson: Yep, mine is red, yours will be cyan. If we’re next to each other, we will look totally 3D!

3. TheJudge (@thejudge) said on 29th September 2012, 20:25

JB: 2009 was just a coinsidence.

4. You’ve what Lewis? You’ve actually put a bet on Perez to be World Champion next season!

5. Luis Conde (@luchingador) said on 29th September 2012, 21:42

Lewis “Ross know how to make a good car, hu?”

6. JB: Hey Lewis, wanna hear a joke?
    LH: Go on then
    JB: You at Mercedes!

7. insider said on 29th September 2012, 22:36

LH: Dude, i made Kimi laugh !
    JB: no way.

8. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 29th September 2012, 22:48

“Jenson, mate…be honest. Do I make a good gangsta?”

9. “Is Mercedes a good move? Course it is mate, best place for you!”

10. paulipedia (@paulipedia) said on 29th September 2012, 23:08

“If you beat me in the Championship you can spend the night with Nicole”

11. Krikett said on 29th September 2012, 23:19

I had a dream last night that you’d died and gone to a very bad, dark place. But THIS….!?!

12. ogogogg said on 29th September 2012, 23:23

Well Lewis…Iam very sad to see you go.

13. JB: Lewis, if you beat me next year, how about I ‘introduce’ you to Florence after?
    LH: Isn’t that your ex man? And I’ve got Nicole…
    JB: I know… it’s just that you seem really keen to pickup my leftovers. :D

14. Rob Wilson (@rob-wilson) said on 30th September 2012, 0:04

Lewis – “Me and Nico are flipping a coin for who gets to race with a yellow helmet next year” JB – “haha oh yea I hadn’t thought about that”

15. Prof Kirk (@prof-kirk) said on 30th September 2012, 0:17

JB: Hey Lewis, can you ask Nico how many races his won in the last three years?

16. DuncF1 (@duncf1) said on 30th September 2012, 0:31

“So, Jenson. What’s on your mind?”
    WINNING

(coz I’ll be Head and Shoulders above you next season)

17. jim button said on 30th September 2012, 0:40

really, Jense you need to leave too…
    button, why is that

Lewis, McLaren is getting bought out by Honda

Jense, yeah right m8

18. kosmic164 (@kosmic164) said on 30th September 2012, 0:43

Lewis: it really just comes down to me not getting to keep the trophies
    Jenson: Hahahaha you won’t be winning any

19. Eric Hebert (@hebertdc5) said on 30th September 2012, 0:49

Good one mate! you had us all going with that “Its not about the money ” thing!

20. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 30th September 2012, 0:56

A little late I know but…

Jens: even with this on my head you still look like more of a fool than me