Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2012

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Jenson Button which prompted a wide grin from his team mate?

After three years together, McLaren’s ‘dream team’ will be broken up as Hamilton heads to Mercedes.

Since Jenson Button joined the team in 2010 the pair have been very closely matched. Hamilton has out-scored Button by the narrow margin of 609 points to 603. They’ve got six races left as team mates to sort that out.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei

135 comments on Caption Competition 21: Button and Hamilton

1. zenman1 (@zenman1) said on 29th September 2012, 19:29

JB : But I swear you said in that interview “I just want to win…”
    LH : Yeah I do.
    JB : But you’ve signed with Mercedes-Benz!!!
    LH : …and???
    JB : HAHAHA, dont you get it?. 2 1/2 seasons, 52 races, 1 win…You think you can work magic then, or that you can do what a 7 times World Champion couldn’t…

2. Jenson: And I had the last laugh!

3. Dimples said on 29th September 2012, 19:34

Button: “Guess who fitted your gearbox”

4. Hey Lewis, That’s my car you’ll be driving next year!

5. LH: Just you frickin’ watch Jenson, when I work with Ross, we’ll make 2008 happen all over again!
    JB: That’s all good mate, but 3 points for the season won’t win you a championship!

6. A Stirling Moss SLR for my 1st, a Gullwing for my 2nd and when I win the 3rd Championship a 540K Special Roadster

7. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 29th September 2012, 20:24

Lewis: It’s not that bad, from one Silver Arrow to another.
    Jenson: Yep, mine is red, yours will be cyan. If we’re next to each other, we will look totally 3D!

8. TheJudge (@thejudge) said on 29th September 2012, 20:25

JB: 2009 was just a coinsidence.

9. You’ve what Lewis? You’ve actually put a bet on Perez to be World Champion next season!

10. Luis Conde (@luchingador) said on 29th September 2012, 21:42

Lewis “Ross know how to make a good car, hu?”

11. JB: Hey Lewis, wanna hear a joke?
    LH: Go on then
    JB: You at Mercedes!

12. insider said on 29th September 2012, 22:36

LH: Dude, i made Kimi laugh !
    JB: no way.

13. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 29th September 2012, 22:48

“Jenson, mate…be honest. Do I make a good gangsta?”

14. “Is Mercedes a good move? Course it is mate, best place for you!”

15. paulipedia (@paulipedia) said on 29th September 2012, 23:08

“If you beat me in the Championship you can spend the night with Nicole”