Sebastian Vettel will keep his pole position for the Japanese Grand Prix after the stewards investigated him for holding up Fernando Alonso.
After three hours the stewards decided he had impeded the Ferrari at the chicane during Q3.
However they decided against awarding Vettel a grid penalty, instead handing him a reprimand.
2012 Japanese Grand Prix
- Kobayashi edges Vettel for top Japanese GP driver
- Rate the race result: 2012 Japanese Grand Prix
- Grosjean: ‘The team’s not happy and I’m not happy’
- No apology needed from Raikkonen – Alonso
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2012 Japanese Grand Prix
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images