Rate the race: 2012 Japanese Grand Prix

2012 Japanese Grand Prix

Kamui Kobayashi, Sauber, Suzuka, 2012What did you think of the Japanese Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (6%)
  • 5 (11%)
  • 6 (23%)
  • 7 (28%)
  • 8 (14%)
  • 9 (6%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 541

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?? Sauber F1 Team

201 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Japanese Grand Prix

1. DaveW (@dmw) said on 7th October 2012, 8:47

Gets 8 for the cinematic battle for third.

Also whoeverr said yesterday, “release the grosjean,” wins something. Thoughit was kimi who fit the hit on Alonso grosjean didn’t miss out on some action.

2. McLaren23 said on 7th October 2012, 8:48

I Would give the first half a 7/10 and the first half 3/10 so overall 5/10

3. ajokay (@ajokay) said on 7th October 2012, 8:49

Laps 1-20 8/10, laps 21-44 1/10, laps 45-53 a very nervous 10/10. I’ve averaged that out to a 6. The long slog in the middle was a real bore, But as Keith said on twitter, just watching the cars on this track is a joy to watch. I’m completely overjoyed with Kamui’s podium though. Those last few laps were unbearable.

4. Guilherme (@guilherme) said on 7th October 2012, 8:57

Sorry guys, I always try to be neutral and rate the race based on how entertaining it was, but I have to make an exception for it today. I rated it a 10, and I’m too excited to care about it. As a die-hard Kamui fan, I must say I have never, ever been so happy with a race result. After the first round of pit stops the race was so tense to me it was almost unbearable, the last 15 laps being pure agony, hoping the lap counter would run faster (and of course my anxiety turned those last few laps into a whole endurance race in my head). Trying not to wake my parents at the last lap (race ended at 4:30am here) out of sheer delight was the hardest part though!

So please, I hope you guys don’t mind me skewing the poll results a little bit! :P

5. tandrews (@tomand95) said on 7th October 2012, 9:02

6/10 for me.
    No battles up front and very few in the midfield pack. I was happy that Riccardo held off Schumacher to get a point for dragging that Toro Rosso up in to the top 10 for the 2nd race in a row (3 if his car didn’t fail at Monza), so i think his race quality is starting to shine through.
    Yet again Grosjean ruins the races of front runners; Webber, Rosberg and Perez to an extent. If Vettel was once dubbed the ‘Crash Kid’ surely Grosjean has the be the ‘Crash Prodigy’.
    A good positive was that Kamui got his first podium in his home race. Hoping for a closer fight at Korea but i think Red Bull Might be on top of things, especially with their new ‘double DRS’.

• peter548 said on 7th October 2012, 9:14

The punters will surely be taking future bets on who’s next in line.. to be Grosjean’d..

• Yet again Grosjean ruins the races of front runners; Webber, Rosberg and Perez to an extent.

You mean just Webber. Senna was the one who planted his front wing into Rosberg and Perez ruined his own race. :)

• tandrews (@tomand95) said on 7th October 2012, 9:41

But if Webber had not been spun by Grosjean, i doubt senna would have hit Rosberg because Nico was slowing sown not to hit Webber, but i see what your trying to say. It’s just the ongoing effects of Grosjean poor driving.
        Also if no contact was made, Perez would have stayed in a higher place and might of had a different race, but you’re right in the fact that Perez did end up ruining his race anyway. :)

• davidnotcoulthard said on 7th October 2012, 13:31

Nope, Grosjean’s the Crash Ace (as in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A)

6. juergen (@juergen) said on 7th October 2012, 9:03

This races gets 7 because of Kamui’s defending position but I fell asleep to be honest literally on lap 20 or so…

7. Gabriel (@naylamp) said on 7th October 2012, 9:04

7 for me, only because MAS and KOB. Vettel is in another galaxy.

8. infernojim (@infernojim) said on 7th October 2012, 9:05

I love the result, but the race was average. i gave it a 6.

Great seeing alesi doing the podium interviewer job! Legend!

9. Slr (@slr) said on 7th October 2012, 9:06

Those last laps were unbearable for me, I probably would have cried if Button passed Kobayashi. The start was also really tense for me as I was worried Kobayashi would fall back at the start, instead he passed Webber.

Generally speaking I enjoyed the race and with Kobayashi racing for a podium, I was fully immersed into the race. This race was similar to Malaysia for me as I was on the edge of my seat for the Alonso-Perez battle back then, as I was for Button and Kobayashi today. 8/10

10. racingfanatic96 (@racingfanatic96) said on 7th October 2012, 9:07

It’s race the race, not the result.

11. dennis (@dennis) said on 7th October 2012, 9:08

Dull race for the win, but nice battles in the pack. 6 of 10, Kamui and Felipe on the podium and Webber calling Grosjean a nutcase makes it 7 out of 10.

12. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 7th October 2012, 9:08

I gave it an 8, which I’ll accept is generous, but the atmosphere around Kamui’s podium was incredible to watch, and I added 1 on for that.

Besides that, there were some stunning drives and fantastic passes throughout the field. Vettel never looked troubled, but there were some good battles which culminated in the Button and Kobayashi battle towards the end. That was thrilling to say the least!

13. frazbox (@frazbox) said on 7th October 2012, 9:08

Was gonna give it a 7, but after the trophy ceremony when Kamui started speaking Japanese on the podium…… Priceless!!!! Had to give it a 8 after seeing that

14. racingfanatic96 (@racingfanatic96) said on 7th October 2012, 9:12

From one of the most exciting races of the season (Singapore) to the most boring by a long way. Yawn.

• Estesark (@estesark) said on 7th October 2012, 9:25

I’m astonished that you thought Singapore was one of the most exciting races of the year.

• racingfanatic96 (@racingfanatic96) said on 7th October 2012, 15:00

Certainly the best proper racing F1 has seen in a long time. No need for the DRS, it was proper hard side-by-side scraps with some great moves. And the fact that 3-4 drivers were in contention for the win.

I’m astonished some people thought Singapore was boring.

15. andae23 (@andae23) said on 7th October 2012, 9:15

It might not have been the most exciting race of the year, but still I rated it 7/10. This is mainly because of Kobayashi: watching the Japanese fans get more excited every lap was impressive, and the final 15 laps I was actually keeping my fingers crossed for him! I do not understand why people are claiming the second half was boring.