Caption Competition 22: Alonso, Massa and Lego

Caption Competition

Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, Lego Ferrari F150??? Italia, Singapore, 2012

Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa got to play with a life-sized Lego F1 car ahead of the build-up to the Singapore Grand Prix.

It took 16 people ten days to assemble the car, based on the last year’s Ferrari F150??? Italia, using hundreds of thousands of Lego pieces.

Earlier this week Ferrari confirmed Massa will remain Alonso’s team mate in 2013.

Can you think of a good caption for the picture above? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

123 comments on Caption Competition 22: Alonso, Massa and Lego

1 2 3 7
  1. plutoniumhunter (@plutoniumhunter) said on 20th October 2012, 10:02

Ferrari have decided to go back to basics for the construction and materials of their 2013 car.

2. Dimitris 1395 (@dimitris-1395) said on 20th October 2012, 10:03

“Bet that car could go faster than the original one.”

3. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 20th October 2012, 10:05

Alonso: ‘Ferrari offered me a contract. They didnt say what car I would get’

4. sozavele (@formula-1) said on 20th October 2012, 10:07

Massa thought he had re-signed with a drive for 2013, when he had signed for the lego team.

5. sozavele (@formula-1) said on 20th October 2012, 10:08

Felipe didn’t look to bothered when he realised he would be driving in lego in the future.

6. Alex Brown (@splittimes) said on 20th October 2012, 10:09

Felipe: Fernando looks really life-like! Even his eyebrows look-
    Fernando: Felipe, its me.

7. matthewf1 (@) said on 20th October 2012, 10:12

Fernando: ‘Recently, Felipe, the team have become concerned that you have forgotten that I am faster than you. To remind you of this, this will be your car for the remainder of the season.’

8. Havergal said on 20th October 2012, 10:13

Ferrari bricking it over championship chances.

9. Fernando: See this lego car Felipe? Even in this, I am still “Faster than you”

10. Dom (@3dom) said on 20th October 2012, 10:15

Luca Di Montezemalo arranged a photo shoot to demonstrate Ferrari’s current team ethos. After the shoot he commented that “with a great lead drive in Alonso and a driver won’t trouble him , Ferrari really do have the building blocks for success”

• Dom (@3dom) said on 20th October 2012, 10:17

Correction:
      Luca Di Montezemalo arranged a photo shoot to demonstrate Ferrari’s current team ethos. After the shoot he commented that “with a great lead driver in Alonso and a driver who won’t trouble him , Ferrari really do have the building blocks for success”

11. As Ferrari give the press a sneak preview of what cars will be like in 2013, it dawns on everyone that the FIA may have gone one step too far in aiming to achieve zero carbon emissions.

12. Jon E said on 20th October 2012, 10:17

“Sorry Fernando, we didn’t have enough bricks to build the pick up truck”

13. TommyB (@tommyb89) said on 20th October 2012, 10:25

Massa: “I don’t care if I have to stay behind Fernando. I’ll never lego of my Ferrari seat.”

14. Alonso turns to massa and says “this can’t be right because I thought there was no blocking”

15. Drop Valencia! said on 20th October 2012, 10:28

Hey Fernando, this car reminds me of that time I blocked you for a few laps…

1 2 3 7