Lotus will run three different drivers during the forthcoming Young Drivers’ Test in Abu Dhabi.
GP2 champion Davide Valsecchi will drive the E20 on the final day of the test. “For me this is a great honour,” he said. “I am eager to showcase my talents and demonstrate that I am ready to take the next step in my career after winning the GP2 Series”.
Valsecchi drove for the former Lotus team, which is now Caterham, in first practice for last year’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Edoardo Mortara, who won the F3 Euroseries in 2010, will drive for Lotus on the second day of the test. Mortara, a two-time winner of the Macau Grand Prix, has been racing for Audi in the DTM for the last two years.
Nicolas Prost will begin the three-day test for Lotus. The son of four-times world champion Alain Prost last raced single-seaters in A1 Grand Prix four years ago. Since then he has competed in endurance and GT racing.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Team Lotus