Rate the race: 2012 Indian Grand Prix

2012 Indian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Ferrari, Buddh International Circuit, 2012What did you think of the Indian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Indian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (5%)
  • 3 (10%)
  • 4 (12%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (24%)
  • 7 (16%)
  • 8 (7%)
  • 9 (1%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 542

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

202 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Indian Grand Prix

1 2 3 6
    • craig-o (@craig-o) said on 28th October 2012, 11:07

Oh, yeah, a 2. Maldonado provided the only excitement.

• Ginola14 (@ginola14) said on 28th October 2012, 11:23

I actually fell asleep halfway. Didn’t catch the Maldonado part but at least i saw Alonso overtake Webber which would just about be the only thing anyone can remember from this yawnfest.

• Weird, I actually fell asleep for most of it too. After lap 10 I’d had enough. Could still hear the commentary in my dreams though and I dreamt my own race. Vettel retired in mine, was quite sad to wake up to him still leading on lap 53.

• raymondu999 (@raymondu999) said on 28th October 2012, 12:05

That’s actually happened to me before! I fell asleep on Lap 8 of Valencia 2011.

• Ginola14 (@ginola14) said on 28th October 2012, 12:48

They could host a race in places like Siberia or Christmas Island i dont really.

But god they should keep Tilke away from building any more of his sleep-inducing circuits. India and Korea have combined for 2 of the most oitifully boring races i have ever watched. Along with the usual snorefests that are Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, China …..

• Obi-Spa Kenobi (@obi-spa-kenobi) said on 29th October 2012, 2:45

I dozed off around lap 13 and woke up on 30…only because the laundry machine was beeping that it was done!

• Carlitox (@carlitox) said on 28th October 2012, 15:18

LOL! I didn’t fell asleep but I was close :-) I really think the smog affected the drivers that said they liked the track hahaha.

• F1 Theist said on 29th October 2012, 10:24

Turns 5 to 14 are actually quite challenging technically, and a very good thing if you are a driver.

But then again, who the ___ cares for that? Fans want racing, pure racing, not how interesting or challening a race track is for drivers, it’s not good to aspire for wanting to hear the moans couple next door, bring the action to where the desire is!

• I hope some day you get to watch this circuit live..you would sink up to what drivers says buddy, I am sure about it!!

• It’s a very fast circuit with no easy maneuvers…required hell lot of skill and nerve by Alonso to overtake 3 drivers and get at number 2..same for other drivers..don’t know what you get tee on your channels but it’s an amazing circuit to be live on… Guys…

• Rooney (@rojov123) said on 28th October 2012, 11:32

8, for the insane crowd support!

• I gave it a 6, but I completely agree about the crowd support! The constant cheering during the podium was great!!

Martin Brundell also did great with the interviews. By far the best since the new podium format has started..

• smokinjoe (@smokinjoe) said on 28th October 2012, 11:56

mate half of the stands are completely empty i guess the novelty factor after the first race is gone I dunno which crowd you taking about…only good thing is at least alonso is still in contention

• Which race were u watching??? There were close to 80,000 fans in the stands which has a capacity of 100,000! Do the maths yourself!! Another point- I saw the race today on Sky Sports…man it makes the boring race look even more boring…can understand the sleeping complaints from Sky users!!!

• ajokay (@ajokay) said on 28th October 2012, 18:21

I saw the main grandstand and the banking on the outside of turns 1 and 2 full. The rest of the grandstands were empty. It certainly wasnt at 80% capacity. No way.

• @ajokay- stating the numbers suggested on star sports by Steve Slater! Will have to wait and read tomorrow’s newspaper!

• Joanna Bessey (@bernie-ecclescake) said on 28th October 2012, 19:41

You can’t trust everything Steve Slater said. He’s one of the worst F1 commentator in the world.

• F1 Theist said on 29th October 2012, 10:06

@bernie-ecclescake

@bernie-ecclescake

innit?
            Q2(not indian GP) in progress, and suddenly steve slater got very hyper, and started shouting in his dramatic tone “oh drama, oh drama….the world champion vettel has some serious issue, he’s pulling over, that’s game over for vettel in qualifying, there’s going to be some heads rolling in the red bull camp”.
            His fellow commentator could not take it any longer and shouted back “relax, that is not vettel, it’s daniel ricciardo, and he is only slowing down and moving to the side to let the driver on a hot lap go by”. And indeed, ricciardo promptly came back to normal pace immediately after!

That’s steve slater for ya! I think there could have been 30000 spectators, but those that were did enough cheering and made sufficient noise to sound like a 80000 crowd!

• It was a great gathering of 68000+ spectators..who got much more than their money’s worth…amazing race through and through…don’t know how and what your broadcaster showed you guys..its an amazing circuit..!!

• Mark (@marlarkey) said on 28th October 2012, 14:36

Very dull… why are some people giving this such high ratings ? Are they rating it according to who they support or are they actually rating how good a race it was ?

• “Yawn” just about sums it up perfectly I reckon.

• Joanna Bessey (@bernie-ecclescake) said on 28th October 2012, 15:57

1. I fell asleep after 10 lap. Much more boring than Korean GP. Smog doesn’t help either. It’s like watching race in forest fire.

• Shrieker (@shrieker) said on 28th October 2012, 19:14

Was going for a 2, then I gave a three just because of the fight between Alonso / Button / Hamilton in the first few corners. Well deserved imho.

1. Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 28th October 2012, 11:07

Top driver has got to be Alonso… from 6th to second… Amazing!

2. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 28th October 2012, 11:07

Good racing throughout the midfield, the front was boring up until the end. A seven.

3. dutch in sweden (@dutch-in-sweden) said on 28th October 2012, 11:08

The end was OK therefore a 5, one of seasons worst.

4. Girts (@girts) said on 28th October 2012, 11:08

I made a cup of green tea during the race to cheer myself up. If the season goes on like this, I’ll need to take something stronger.

5. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 28th October 2012, 11:08

Apart from the opening lap and the tussle between Alonso and the McLaren’s…. meh. 4

6. PaxJes (@paxjes) said on 28th October 2012, 11:08

snoozefest

7. Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 28th October 2012, 11:08

The race maybe a 6

8. Mark Hitchcock (@mark-hitchcock) said on 28th October 2012, 11:09

2. Only excitement was on the first lap and a couple of short battles in the midfield. Haven’t been that bored during a grand prix for a long time.

9. The podium position battle’s never really came to anything, the tactical battles that could have materialised ended in nothing with collisions but there was some tension with apparent car problems.

10. Zubair (@zubair380) said on 28th October 2012, 11:10

The end was a little exciting. That’s why I’m giving the generous rating of 3

11. Eggry (@eggry) said on 28th October 2012, 11:11

Generally good race from top runners except Vettel. First lap slip streaming gives +1.

• F1fanNL (@) said on 28th October 2012, 11:47

@eggry

What a joke. Vettel did just as much of a good job as Alonso, Webber or Hamilton.
      Now it’s just too obvious you hate Vettel.

• Eggry (@eggry) said on 28th October 2012, 11:58

@f1fannl He did good job. but not race, isn’t it?

• F1fanNL (@) said on 28th October 2012, 19:17

@eggry

Alonso didn’t do any ‘racing’ either. One easy pass on Hamilton and Button and another even easier pass on Webber. After passing Webber he was never under any threat for the remainder of the race because Webber didn’t get KERS back and because Hamilton didn’t have the pace to pass Webber and attack Alonso.

The only difference between Vettel and Alonso is that Vettel started where he finished whereas Alonso was gifted second place by the McLaren’s three corner scuffle and Webber’s KERS problem.
          Alonso would have probably passed Button and Hamilton regardless because of the ridiculous double DRS zone combined with the Ferrari’s better race pace but I doubt he would have passed Webber had Webber’s KERS remained active.

• Eggry (@eggry) said on 29th October 2012, 4:09

@f1fannl It’s too obvious you hate Alonso.

• F1fanNL (@) said on 29th October 2012, 21:28

@eggry

I don’t hate. It’s irrational and a complete waste of energy.
            I don’t like Alonso as a person but that doesn’t change the way Alonso got to second yesterday. I’ve stated facts, nothing more.
            If you think I’ve got a grudge against Alonso for some reason I’ve voted for him in the DotW poll several times.

12. StefMeister (@stefmeister) said on 28th October 2012, 11:12

Gave it a 6.

Some good racing, close battling & some overtaking through the field.

13. Ciaran (@ciaran) said on 28th October 2012, 11:14

And once again, Vettel winning makes for rubbish races. Good battles in the second half, but the first half was terrible. A 5 is being generous

14. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 28th October 2012, 11:14

5 – the first lap was great, and there was a certain amount of tension at the end, but much less overtaking than I’d hoped. Some good passes nonetheless. I was pleased for Senna getting that final point.

1 2 3 6