Rate the race: 2012 Indian Grand Prix

2012 Indian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Ferrari, Buddh International Circuit, 2012What did you think of the Indian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Indian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (5%)
  • 3 (10%)
  • 4 (12%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (24%)
  • 7 (16%)
  • 8 (7%)
  • 9 (1%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 542

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

202 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Indian Grand Prix

1 4 5 6
  1. Kiambu SubChief said on 29th October 2012, 5:30

Well it was not as interesting but the first lap was superb, … not a McLaren fan but LH’s pitstop and steering wheel change was brilliant! I am a Massa fan and it was I guess a tad thrilling to watch him try and keep Kimi at bay the entire race. But all in all, maybe next time they drench the track and we might see some exciting race.

2. Mané (@sl300forf1) said on 29th October 2012, 6:23

6 outta 10!
    P.S. First seven races won by seven difeerent drivers and the last seven by only one driver given the fact how strong were the RB’s in AD and Interlagos. In Texas, it might be a bit different. I personally, do enjoy any race where Alonso gets defeated (since 2005).

3. mrjlr93 (@mrjlr93) said on 29th October 2012, 6:26

greatest thing about this race was when all the fans where going nuts for Alonso

4. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 29th October 2012, 8:46

I gave it a 5. The race was over in the first 5 corners when Alonso and the McLaren’s ruined any chance of catching the Red Bull’s properly. Good to see Alonso catch Webber on pace but then Webber did have a KERS problem.

There just wasn’t any action and the extending of the DRS zone was just stupid in my opinion. Surely DRS should enable the drivers to get close enough to make a move, a good overtaking move rather than look silly sat there with no chance of defending. It was far too easy.

I saw someone on twitter, I think WTF1 saying that the F1 calendar needs a rethink to the calendar as we are left with some boring Tilkedromes at the end of the season. I can see this could be the case but I can’t realistically see how the calendar could be shifted unless the season starts in February or maybe even January. I think the main problem with these latter races is that the cars are pretty set in terms of development and Red Bull clearly have the dominant car, twinned together with tracks that aren’t the greatest makes for fairly boring races.

5. spankythewondermonkey (@spankythewondermonkey) said on 29th October 2012, 9:42

a 5 at best. actually spent most of the grand prix playing on the ipad. thought it was going to get exciting for the last 10 laps with tyres going off etc, but that didn’t happen either. i think the only highlight was jenson taking fastest lap at the very end.
    good to see hamilton giving an interview on the grid. seemed remarkably chilled.

6. Jason (@jmwalley) said on 29th October 2012, 12:42

I gave it a 7.

Like others mentioned I feel asleep before lap 7—race was on at 5am in the US—but unlike others when I woke up around lap 25, I felt like I had been missing out.

The race did get boring after a while, but just as it started to get boring it got interesting again with Alonso and Webber. Add in how amazingly jazzed the crowd seemed to be and I found myself enjoying the race, despite Vettel winning.

7. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 29th October 2012, 13:14

6/10 from me. Not particular exciting but Webber/Alonso and Raikkonen/Massa at least provided a bit of ‘will he, won’t he’.

Also, the openin lap battle between Button, Hamilton and Alonso was pretty spectacular.

8. Lew Numba 1 (@lew-numba-1) said on 29th October 2012, 21:18

I am completely astonished that anyone voted over a 5.

I’d say it’s in the top 3 most boring races I’ve ever witnessed, including horse racing, high school track meets and Hot Wheels on a sidewalk.

9. PJA (@pja) said on 31st October 2012, 18:43

I thought it was another dull race so I only gave it a 5.

After Alonso’s battle with the McLarens on the first lap, for me the other highlight of the race was Hamilton’s steering wheel change during his pitstop, I just couldn’t believe how quickly they managed to do.

10. bosyber (@bosyber) said on 1st November 2012, 15:41

I was visiting @BasCB over the weekend, but had to leave on Sunday and only got to see the BBC “high-lights” show today – I would say that allowed me to see all the good moments of the race, and quite a few other bits of it too, and I am not so sure I’d been happier had I seen the race live (though would have been glad not to have spotted “Vettel won” in Monday paper, when did they start reporting on F1!).

That is to say, it was a bit like Korea: Vettel won. The only one of the top 7 who managed to move up was Alonso, thanks mainly to his start (can’t blame Grosjean too much for trying to make things happen at start earlier this year then?).

Would have preferred BUT to not pass HAM, then perhaps HAM would have been able to have a real race instead first having to get by him. The McLaren pace on softs/full-fuel was bad, esp. for BUT so they weren’t in it for real so it probably only would have delayed Alonso for an even less interesting race.

I’ll give it a 6, VET can’t help that he’s the only one that manages to get his team to get him a consistently fast experience at the moment I suppose (but the “yip yip bla” from his engineer at the end, and his reaction, sorry I had to fast-forward, please don’t). Lotus/Kimi need to try and do something different, how many times has he been stuck not getting past people in races this year? Massa drove well though, good job. And Hulkenberg, again doing a good job. Perez needs to calm down again, he has his chance next year in the McLaren. Senna well done to get that last point of of poor Rosberg. Wonder if Rosberg is still so positive about the team as he was to Hamilton …

1 4 5 6