A circuit representative told F1 Fanatic the race organisers hope to conclude a deal covering to 2017 to 2021 seasons next year.
Potential alterations to the Hungaroring’s layout to improve overtaking opportunities were discussed at the meeting, with the possibility of F1 drivers giving their input into any changes. The circuit was last altered in 2003.
Improvements to medical and spectator facilities at the track are also planned.
Hungary held its first Grand Prix in 1986. The new contract would see it remain on the calendar for a total of 36 seasons.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images