Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, Interlagos, 2012What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (64%)

Total Voters: 835

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Sahara Force India F1 Team

240 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

1. James Blackman (@cocoonfxmedia) said on 25th November 2012, 19:41

I was on the edge of my seat all the way through the race. Absolutely amazing, Vettel drove amazingly… I watched the BBC coverage it was balanced and objective. I watched Sky F1 and I thought 95% of what they’ve report was wrong and rubbish. Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel absolutely amazing well DONE!!!.

2. Scott Joslin (@scott-joslin) said on 25th November 2012, 19:42

For me it was more a more absorbing race than 2008. The climax at the end of the 2008 race took my breath away, however I was breathless for nearly 2 hours during today’s race. From start to almost the last lap it was brilliant!

3. cg22me (@cg22me) said on 25th November 2012, 19:42

Rating: OVER 9000!

lol, in seriousness, it was just intense from start to the near finish. Ended on a slight whimper with the Safety Car, but that aside, the action and drama was 100% flawless!

Would’ve loved to see Hulkenberg get the win (my favourite win of the year if this was the case), and the penalty was harsh, but does go to show how well he does in this sort of situation.
    This race only justifies more why I believe Hulkenberg should’ve gone to McLaren instead of Perez… But the prospect for HULK at Ferrari in 2014 + is still very high.

• pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 25th November 2012, 20:51

Agreed, Hulk was brilliant, penalty was too harsh (it was avoidable so maybe a sign of consistency from the stewards.)
      He was the class of the field in those changing conditions but he did choke (understandably) from the pressure applied by Lewis (very few wouldn’t.)
      Also agree on the Hulk to McL – Perez looking more and more like a knee jerk choice every race…

• Kimi4WDC said on 25th November 2012, 23:10

4. socksolid (@socksolid) said on 25th November 2012, 19:46

Personally I don’t think it was a bad race but not a very good either. It was very chaotic with lots of mistakes, very little intense and exciting driving between drivers (for me the top spot of the season was seeing alonso chasing kimi in abu dhabi and that was 10/10 thriller). Vettel and rbr kept making mistakes but still the championship was never really at risk after the t1 collision when for a second it looked like vettel could retire or would be forced to chase alonso with broken car. In the end vettel did it but it was not very exciting to watch imho.

I give it 8. The race lacked some of the exciting stuff that makes a race 9 or 10.

• pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 25th November 2012, 20:52

Do you know just how intense it is to drive one of these on slicks in damp conditions?

• Kimi4WDC said on 25th November 2012, 23:13

Watching split times of Hulk, Hamilton and Button was a thriller, that was impressive how consistent and flawlessly they drove until they come together. Button is less so. The way Hulk was handling Hamilton was amazing to watch. Sad it’s Perez in McLaren next season and not Hulkenberg.

5. avegaille (@avegaille) said on 25th November 2012, 19:48

10. I’m so lucky to be a passionate F1 fan right now. Incredible race! The best ever!

6. Also perfect ending for Hamilton in McLaren. So much potential, all gone to waste.

7. Jungly (@jungly) said on 25th November 2012, 19:53

This was a fantastic race with everything you could want from a championship decider. Title leader recovering from the back, changeable conditions, team mates battling it out for the lead, drama throughout the field.. I couldn’t keep seated. However, 2008 had all of that as well as the last lap drama whereas Brazil 2012 ended under SC. Fantastic race but not quite the equal of 2008.

8. JB (@) said on 25th November 2012, 20:00

Gave it a nine…. was going to give it a ten but the outcome really killed it for me… Voted with my heart, not my head…

9. matty55 (@matty55) said on 25th November 2012, 20:01

I honestly think F1 fans worldwide will talk about where they were when they saw the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix. Incredible race you couldn’t write it!!! :D

10. Shane (@shane-pinnell) said on 25th November 2012, 20:03

10 even though Alonso didn’t get the championship and I was a little sad for Hamilton and definitely sad that it was Kamui’s last race for the foreseeable future.

11. AndresM (@andresm) said on 25th November 2012, 20:04

Fantastic race, superb, we have had four superb races this year: Valencia, Abu Dhabi, Austin and Interlagos.

Very very sad for Alonso. His best season by far and three points from the WDC

Congratulations to RBR and Vettel

12. zippyone (@zippyone) said on 25th November 2012, 20:04

Dissapointed Alonso is not champion, gutted Hamilton went out but congrats to Vettel.

A thrilling race despite the result so a 10/10 from me.

13. ChrisRothwell (@chrisrothwell) said on 25th November 2012, 20:04

Incredible race – 10/10. Strange though that the stewards didn’t seem to mind Vettel passing under yellows or driving into Senna on Lap 1.

14. I’m sorry that this race will overtake Brazil 2008 but that race had some epic last few laps, whilst this one did not but had an epic race overall. I couldn’t give it less than 10 after I gave the same vote to Austin.
    This race was like Malaysia 2012 (a young driver with no wins fighting and than making a mistake), Brazil 2007 (the championship leader having trouble at the start), Brazil 2008 (unpredictable weather) and Brazil 2003 (rain and crashes, like di Resta’s) added up together. The championship fight wasn’t really exciting once Vettel got back into the points, but having Hulkenberg leading, Hamilton pushing hard behind, different strategies, Vettel recovering positions, many overtakes, many pit stops, many mistakes, crashes, and a surprise result, this must be one of the best races ever.

• Guilherme (@guilherme) said on 25th November 2012, 20:29

@fixy

I’m sorry that this race will overtake Brazil 2008

Well, I must say that I do agree that 2008 was better in the sense that it’s pretty damn impossible to be more epic than deciding the championship in the last corner of the last lap of the last race – I still rememeber that race vividly, I still remember my reactions to the Vettel-Hamilton and Hamilton-Glock passes, for example. But we have to remember something – back then, you didn’t need an account to vote. Heck, F1F didn’t have accounts at all! :P Back then Rate the Race was much more susceptible to fans felt about the result. I’m fairly certain that Brazil 2008 would still be the highest rated race ever if only registered users could vote.

• @guilherme I do not remember the rest of the race, but apart from the final laps I’m pretty much sure it wasn’t as exciting as this one. When it rained, when Lewis dropped behind, when Vettel overtook him, when Massa won, when Hamilton and Vettel overtook Glock, that was when history was written in the most unbelievable manner ever.
        Today the battles were exciting but involved the race result more than the championship result. Alonso was only second in the best of circumstances but Vettel was still easily leading the hunt. Of course he could’ve crashed or spun, but he never did.

• bosyber (@bosyber) said on 26th November 2012, 14:43

I agree @fixy, it was interesting to see the Toyota’s try something with the rain in 2008, but apart from that it was a relatively easy win for Massa, main suspense was whether HAM would be able to keep, then get back, 5th spot – since that took until last corner, it was epic for the WDC, but not like this race which was a real 2012 action packed race.

15. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 25th November 2012, 20:06

8 for a great end to the season…. the first 30 laps was something out of the world.

1 for Schumi to finally get points on the board