2013 F1 calendar
Chairman of the Turkish Automobile Sports Federation (TOSFED) Demire Berberoglu said they are making “every effort” to restore the race to the calendar for 2013 and beyond.
“Everybody knows that what is needed for its presence in the Formula One race calendar for 2013 and following years is a guarantee and approval of the required budget at the government level.”
“This will develop according to the prime minister’s decision.”
F1 last raced at Istanbul Park in 2011 before the race was dropped from the calendar. The FIA has left a slot on the 2013 F1 calendar for an event to take place of the postponed Jersey Grand Prix.
2013 F1 season
- Vettel vs Webber and Alonso vs Massa, 2009-2013
- Maldonado’s “best car” was another Williams failure
- Mark Webber’s F1 career in pictures
- Marussia finally reach the top ten – with two rookies
- Caterham play the long game and drop to last
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles