Caption Competition 24: Hamilton and Red Bull

Caption Competition

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, Buddh International Circuit, 2012

Lewis Hamilton is leaving McLaren for Mercedes next year – but is there another car he covets?

On more than one occasion during 2012 Hamilton said Sebastian Vettel was “lucky” to have a car as competitive as the Red Bull.

So what was Hamilton thinking as he watched Vettel in action during this year’s Indian Grand Prix? It’s up for you to come up with the best caption for this picture and post it in the comments below.

As usual a pick of the best will feature in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? McLaren/Hoch Zwei

139 comments on Caption Competition 24: Hamilton and Red Bull

1. f1alex (@f1alex) said on 9th December 2012, 14:51

“Maybe if I sit here looking sad, someone will feel sorry for me and buy me one”

[Please tell me someone gets the Simpsons reference]

2. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 9th December 2012, 15:12

“If my team were working like the Red Bull guys… but NO!!!!!!!!! They are just standing there, doing nothing… they just turn their back on me”

3. Mariano (@mariano) said on 9th December 2012, 15:32

Lewis: “I wonder if it really gives you wings”

4. Mike the bike Schumacher (@mike-the-bike-schumacher) said on 9th December 2012, 15:51

So…..that’s what the front of a Red Bull looks like……

5. BluNt (@blunt) said on 9th December 2012, 16:23

To think, I’ve been driving all these years when I could of been flying…

6. Traverse Mark Senior (@) said on 9th December 2012, 16:50

Forget Red Bull, give me a Lucozade!…*BURP*

7. Traverse Mark Senior (@) said on 9th December 2012, 16:52

WOW! This Nintendo DS is huge!

8. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 9th December 2012, 16:59

Why didn’t we move the front airhole further back on our car? At least I could’ve kept up with him in Bahrain…

9. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 9th December 2012, 17:01

Why wasn’t there space for me in F1 when I was 19? That guy is so annoying, and as for his finger… no idea where it’ll be next!

10. Traverse Mark Senior (@) said on 9th December 2012, 17:08

Lewis: “Who gave Keith Collantine a VIP pass…and why is he taking my picture?”
    Keith: “Um, well, I’m taking your picture for a caption competition on my website…if, if that’s OK with you?…sir”
    Lewis: *Cold silence*
    Keith: “so…um, that Red Bull is pretty good huh?”
    Lewis: *stares at monitor whilst trying not to throttle Keith*

11. Lewis watches Seb as he listens to the Gotye remix “Now you’re winning more championships than I used to win”

12. It’s not as sexy as Nicole.

13. foleyger (@foleyger) said on 9th December 2012, 18:01

“I’ll need more than wings to get me winning next year”

14. James Kear (@unionjak) said on 9th December 2012, 18:30

“I’ve made a huge mistake.”

15. JB (@) said on 9th December 2012, 18:36

“She will be mine…. Oh yes, she will be mine!!”

“The laptimes I would set if I had this bad girl!”