Scheckter’s top two are Vettel and Hamilton

2012 F1 season

Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Circuit of the Americas, 2012Jody Scheckter named Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton as his top two drivers in F1 at the moment.

The 1979 world champion was asked to name which drivers he’d pick if he were running an F1 team.

“I always put Vettel and Lewis together as the top two,” said Scheckter. “And I probably have to put Alonso into that but I would probably pick those two drivers, yeah, put two bulls in at one time and try and make them work together in a mature way.”

Speaking to MotorSport, Scheckter said he hadn’t supported his Ferrari successor during 2012: “No, not for Fernando, no. I think what he did when he was at McLaren [in 2007] has just put me off him for life, I suppose.

“I think he drove well this year, there’s no question about that, he’s doing a good job on that, but when somebody does something like that you lose respect for them.”

Scheckter praised Hamilton’s attacking style, saying: “When he came his first year and a half, two years, it was brilliant. I mean no one comes in and has that sort of performance with so little things going wrong. It was incredible.

“And last year he was not even making mistakes by being over-aggressive. He was just making mistakes that were completely stupid.

“I rate him as the best driver in heavy traffic. I used to rate Jenson as one of the worst but he’s become quite good in traffic now. But Lewis has been for me in the first years fantastic. He did some manoeuvres in traffic that were just… and got away with it most of the time except for last year. I’m definitely a fan of his.”

Scheckter also criticised the current F1 rules which impose grid penalties of drivers for engine and gearbox failures.

“The thing that I think is most unfair about Grand Prix at the moment is when they get these penalties for a gearbox that had to be changed and had to go back. And I just think that’s dreadful.

“I know there’s an opinion that they say ‘well you can’t separate the driver and the car’ and stuff like this. But I think on the track if a driver makes a mistake and crashes that’s the car and driver.

“But when it’s a gearbox rather take it off the constructors’ points and leave the drivers. I think that, for me, because it really spoils some races completely from a viewing point of view.”

2012 F1 season

Browse all 2012 F1 season articles

Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images

144 comments on Scheckter’s top two are Vettel and Hamilton

1 2 3
  1. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 21st December 2012, 9:26

I do wonder what Alonso would have to do to redeem himself in Scheckter’s eyes? Never mind that actually, Alonso only duty is to continue driving as he has been, nothing else. That said, Ferrari simply has to create a Ferrari worthy of Alonso’s talent.

2 cent opinion tax paid.

• Ferrarista said on 21st December 2012, 10:50

+ 100

• Michael (@freelittlebirds) said on 21st December 2012, 13:22

you have to admit though that he does have a point though – Alonso was a real schmuck in 2007. We have forgotten and forgiven but others especially those in the sport probably have not.

In Alonso’s defense, it’s hard to imagine how any champion would have reacted in the face of losing to a rookie. I’m sure he himself is not proud of 2007 and in retrospect should have treated Hamilton as a peer.

But would anyone have done so at the time? I doubt it.

• He didnt react to losing to a rookie, he reacted to a team member (Lewis) going against agreements made between the team and the drivers. In Alonso’s eyes, Lewis broke the agreement and that is why he reacted the way he did. I don’t agree with the step he took (specifically saying he would expose Mclaren in the spygate saga if they didnt discipline Lewis).

If I put myself in Alonso’s shoes I’d also be very, very angry.

Saying he reacted like that due to losing is really over simplifying a very complex situation.

• Klaas de Vries said on 21st December 2012, 14:28

It’s obvious that Alonso and McLaren have 2 opposite philosophies and I don’t think Alonso would have signed anything with Ron Dennis if he wasn’t granted No1 status but with Lewis proving to be so competitive McLaren broke the agreement. I think that’s exactly what Alonso meant when he repetedly stated that ‘Ron says one thing but does the other’. Most likely Alonso’s position with Ron was: ‘I know Hamilton is fast, but we had a deal and you should keep your word.’
          I think in 2007 Alonso found himself in a unique situation in the history of Formula 1 – the team (psychologically) favoured a rookie driver over a double-world champion. It’s hard to imagine how Vettel would react if all of the sudden Helmut Marko brings a rookie in Mark’s place and makes him the team’s darling.

• Michael (@freelittlebirds) said on 21st December 2012, 14:35

I agree – no one can really know how they would react unless we were in their shoes. I’m not blaming Alonso for acting the way he did.

• Nick.UK (@) said on 21st December 2012, 17:19

Im not people are really concious of their forgiving him too. He’s not called ‘Teflonso’ for nothing.

• Jason (@jason12) said on 21st December 2012, 18:02

Don’t know how you ignore that what Alonso did in 2007 was despicable, and childish?
      Regardless of what he’s reasons were.

• Imre (@f1mre) said on 21st December 2012, 18:34

2007 is the reason why I cannot say that Alonso is amongst the best ever. He should have won that championship. If he wins with Ferrari(or anything) I’ll change my mind. If he doesn’t… that will only be his fault that he is “just” a 2-time champion with the same team.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 21st December 2012, 18:41

I pretty much agree with Scheckter here actually, but I would add being in the mix at Crashgate and having Massa move over for him do nothing to make that go away.

2. kimrogue (@kimrogue) said on 21st December 2012, 9:31

I don’t have to say much about the article, since it is Scheckter’s personal opinion. But how perfect is that picture for the article? Kudos @keithcollantine!

3. timi (@timi) said on 21st December 2012, 9:42

When Sheckter refers to “last year” I assume he means the 2011 season.

Interesting opinion though, it’s so hard to pick two of the three. I think Alonso is by far the most complete driver, but not the fastest. Hmm..

4. Carlito's way said on 21st December 2012, 9:44

This guy is talking rubbish.

5. Bob (@bobthevulcan) said on 21st December 2012, 10:06

Scheckter has a point. Alonso may be a brilliant racer, arguably the most complete driver on the grid today, but I can’t help but feel that he’s not that good of a team player – hence the decision not to pair him up with another “rooster”.

• Kiril Varbanov (@kiril-varbanov) said on 21st December 2012, 10:30

In F1 world there’s no such term as “team player”, be assured. This is a cruel world and only the mean people win. The nice guys don’t survive.

As for JS – that’s his opinion and he is apparently welcome to share it, so do we. Personally I have always had hard times defining drivers, because large part of their performance is down to the car.

• Maverick_232 (@maverick_232) said on 21st December 2012, 10:59

Cough cough…. Felipe Massa..

• Bob (@bobthevulcan) said on 21st December 2012, 11:10

In F1 world there’s no such term as “team player”

I beg to differ. Fundamentally, a driver is a part of a team, and must work well in that environment if he wants to excel – this is a necessity for drivers wishing to advance their careers.

This could entail mutual respect among teammates, and cooperation – for instance, Massa’s defensive driving to assist Alonso, or Webber diving out of the way for Vettel. At the very least, being a “team player” means avoiding the sort of self-interest and confrontational attitude that creates potentially destructive intra-team rivalries like Senna/Prost or Hamilton/Alonso.

As we saw in 2007, and again in 2010, Alonso will settle for nothing less than undisputed number one status. He doesn’t play well with others, so to speak, and that’s why Scheckter chose not to pair him up with another “top tier” driver.

• You can be a team player and be competitive I believe. In actual fact, competition between drivers drives the other forward: obviously you don’t want to come out second best. We’ve seen many times before what two really competitive teammates can do for a team – sometimes good (McLaren’s utter domination of the 1988 season for example), sometimes bad (Senna & Prost’s infamous collision in 1989 for the same team) – which can make great drivers even greater.

Of course the team benefit from ultra-determined teammates in the constructors (as long as things are settled fairly on track, unlike with Alonso in Hungary 2007 for example) so in it’s essence I’d call that “team playing”.

• Bob (@bobthevulcan) said on 21st December 2012, 11:28

Well said. However, the pre-requisite for having ultra-determined teammates spur each other on, is mutual respect between said drivers. Lose that mutual respect, and you create the highly antagonistic, poor working relationships that ultimately do more harm than good.

• @bobthevulcan – oh absolutely and that’s why I believe Alonso wouldn’t be a good team player in that sense whereas Vettel & Hamilton could co-exist in a team – although realistically that’s not going to happen unless Mercedes become ultra competitive with the rule changes or some other unlikely prospect.

• MNM101 (@mnm101) said on 21st December 2012, 11:48

personally i would much rather watch Seb and Lewis than Seb and Fernando in the same team, qualy would be very entertaining

• Michael (@freelittlebirds) said on 21st December 2012, 13:29

Please don’t say that – if Mercedes becomes ultra-competitive, let’s hope Hamilton is the only WDC on that team. I hope Mercedes doesn’t also screw him like McLaren did in an effort to make its 2 drivers equal whether they are equal or not…

• caci99 (@caci99) said on 21st December 2012, 14:52

@vettel1 Really? Yeah Vettel is such a team player, Turkey 2010, Algesuari in practice incident, Ricciardo in Abu Dhabi 2012.

• You can’t take either of those examples into account as he wasn’t driving for Toro Rosso then.

The only time he’s had a major incident with a teammate is during the race in Turkey and he was a very young driver then and has learned from it; consequently he hasn’t collided with his teammate since.

I think Vettel works very well with Webber: it is evident that they aren’t the best of friends off-track but hey respect each other on track – aggressive but don’t resort to “dirty tricks” like blocking each other in qualifying.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 24th December 2012, 15:20

@caci999 – I rewatched the practice session and it was Alguersuari that blocked SV on consecutive laps. Vettel only appeared frustrated after the second occasion (which is surely understandable).

Helmut Marko was the one who overreacted with the argument afterwards.

• V. Chris (@vasschu) said on 21st December 2012, 12:11

Ultimate team now – Kimi and Seb – great drivers and respected friends. Those two can do wonders if in the same team (or just ruin their friendship).

• Max, things were unfair with alonso in hungary. He got a penalty for something that wasnt in the rule book. That was unfair.

And lewis didnt get a penalty for doing the same thing effectively to him earlier in Qualifying.

Max do you think senna was a team player? id be interested in your views cos your views on certain others is odd to the extreme.

• things were unfair with alonso in hungary. He got a penalty for something that wasnt in the rule book

Article 31.7 of the Sporting Regulations states:

“any driver taking part in any practice session who, in the opinion of the stewards, stops unnecessarily on the circuit or who unnecessarily impedes another driver shall be subject to the penalties referred to in Article 31.6

Article 31.6 states that a driver can be dropped as many number of grid positions as considered appropriate, or indeed any penalty they see fit can be imposed if necessary. So hardly unfair, is it, given Alonso denied Hamilton the chance to challenge for pole?

As for Senna, I acknowledge whole-heartedly that he wasn’t exactly a saint to Prost (in fact the situation was similar to 2007 – Senna violated an agreement) but he never saw it fit to deliberately block his teammate, he just beat him. Had Alonso been able to do the same then he too might not have seen it fit to deliberately block his teammate.

Also, what was acceptable in the 80′s isn’t acceptable now.

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 21st December 2012, 13:19

ts, team player. What’s a team player? a guy that fight for the championship until the last lap of the season? or a guy that is nice with his team mate?

Who’s more of a team player after all? Alonso or Massa? While Massa does everything for the team, he even takes penalties on purpose, Alonso is the guy that forces that situation because he’s a contender on the track and on the championship.

It’s like Rubens and Schumacher. We all feel sad about Rubens but the fact of the matter was that Schumacher was always faster. Of course the team is gonna help him. I rather see Alonso doing that. He does it well enough… Scheckter is talking rubbish.

• Bob (@bobthevulcan) said on 21st December 2012, 13:56

I think that a team player is a guy who works well with others, understanding the niceties of giving and taking, thereby forming good working relationships with those around him. For instance, we’ve seen how drivers like Button or Vettel have been able to rally team members to support them, and build solid working relationships with their teammates. Such a close-knit, loyal work environment is beneficial for the driver.

• I think it is safe to say that in 2012 Alonso has then by your definition a good team player. He gets along VERY well with Massa and he motivated his team to new levels at the same time.

• Bob (@bobthevulcan) said on 21st December 2012, 14:31

To an extent, but I don’t believe Alonso has quite grasped the “giving and taking” portion of the equation. He and Massa may get along well on a personal level, but their working relationship is, for want of a better term, one-sided. Granted, part of that is down to Massa’s weak performance, but another factor is Alonso’s determination to assert himself as the team’s “number one”.

• @infy – true, he does get along well with Massa but I doubt the relationship would be quite as strong if we replace Massa with Vettel. I think what Scheckter was suggesting with his comments is that he thinks Alonso wouldn’t co-exist vey well with Vettel or Hamilton which would obviously cause serious problems for the team in question (like Senna & Prost’s relationship at McLaren in the later years).

I’m not sure either Hamilton & Vettel would be a perfect partnership but those two appear on face value to be a bit more complacent – less likely to resort to “dirty tricks” to beat each other and settle their differences by seeing who’s fastest on track.

If Alonso could however remain fair and not resort to “dirty tricks” him and one of the others in a team would probably be the strongest driver pairing we have seen since the days of Senna and Prost and would be a major force t be reckoned with in the quickest car.

• Max Jacobson (@vettel1) I think MAH has shown that he very quickly does and says stupid things when something doesn’t go his way.

• @infy – yes he does frequently speak without thinking first but I haven’t seen him do anything with clear intent to hinder someone else for his own benefit – he is a good sportsman but not a good man. I’m not saying Alonso perhaps hasn’t matured since 2007 of course though, so maybe he’d be mre co-operative than to deliberately prevent a teammate from competing for pole position.

• nidzovski (@nidzovski) said on 21st December 2012, 15:15

100% wright! Period.

• The way alonso led that team through troubled times this year prove he is by far one of the best team players.

Something lewis could not do. Something vettel didnt do by losing his temper at start of season.

Jody should look closer to home, to perhaps his own son before taking judgements on the morals of others.

• I don’t think Alonso was the driving factor in spurring Ferrari’s development: he was mainly criticising the team and along with Luca never failing to remind everyone at Maranello how terrible the car was, when in actual fact until the most crucial stage they were doing rather well. He drove superbly well no doubt about it but he wasn’t exactly full of praise for his mechanics – which by the way I recognise may have acted to spur them on but I think it rather achieved the opposite.

Vettel has been quick to remind Red Bull that they need to keep pushing in the past but I personally feel he is more motivating than critical, something which I can’t honestly say of Alonso.

As for Hamilton, I think we’ll judge that at his time next year as really nobody needs to motivate McLaren, McLaren do that perfectly fine themselves.

• infy (@infy) said on 22nd December 2012, 0:02

Wow… okay. I think it is clear now that you are only seeing what you want to see.

Maybe its because he speaks Engrish and so you misinterpret the things he says as negative instead of positive. He says the car is not good enough and that the team need to keep pushing. He always had nothing but praise for the team and they all LOVE him. The team trust him and for good reason. He leads by example on and off the track. He gives it his all on the track and in the weeks between the races he spends all his time in the sim and with the engineers.

I think you need to take a step back and look at what Alonso has said (all of it) about the car and team from both perspectives.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 24th December 2012, 15:27

I fail to see how Vettel lost his temper at the beginning of the season, or how Hamilton didn’t lead the team well in 2009.

6. Giggsy11 (@giggsy11) said on 21st December 2012, 10:15

Basing Alonso on one season (2007) and a couple of bad incidents isn’t really fair. How does anyone know Alonso is not a different driver now? You could say the same about most F1 Champions in the past like Senna and Prost, im sure most people would have one of those drivers in their dream/ideal driver line-up. No disrespect to Webber but I’m sure with a much more consistently competitive team mate, the odds on Vettel not having the same attitude would be extremely high. We all know what happened in Turkey 2010 and there’s glimpses of this same hostility in races where they are closely matched, however this doesn’t occur much as Webber cannot find the same consistency as Vettel.

• Agreed. Alonso is older now and not nearly as immature. If Massa beat Alonso in the points convincingly then I’m 100% sure Alonso would take the opportunity to show everyone that he can and will support Massa very well. TBH he would be stupid to do anything else, as it would ruin his relationship with the team and possibly remove him from the sport.

• Jason (@jason12) said on 21st December 2012, 18:07

He didn’t say Alonso hasn’t changed; because he probably has…
      He just finds it difficult to forgive him, which I totally understand.
      Lewis is a great human being for forgiving this guy…

• uan (@uan) said on 23rd December 2012, 3:21

@giggsy11

you say we shouldn’t judge Alonso by a bad year or some bad incidents, then you turn around and judge Vettel by Turkey 2010? Okay, got it.

• Giggsy11 (@giggsy11) said on 23rd December 2012, 13:32

@uan I knew someone would try to call double standards on me. I not say Vettel is like Alonso I am just saying in the circumstance he could be. I am basing this on Scheckter’s Quota, thats why i was talking about not wanting either Senna or Prost in your team. I am not judging Vettel I am judging the way Scheckter bases his opinion.

• xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 3rd January 2013, 13:51

It takes years to build up a reputation, but only a few minutes to destroy it.
          2007 destroyed it and portrayed him as an incredibly sore loser.
          And, if I were a team principal, then I’d look at his most troubled year (2007) and it might make me decide not to employ him; past performance is all we have to go on.

7. xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 21st December 2012, 10:48

I agree with him.
    Nothing more to say

8. Sviatoslav Andrushko (@) said on 21st December 2012, 10:53

So, it’s ‘okay’ for him to take Ham who’s misdemeanor in Spa this year was sooo unexpected? “Ham gives up on his team – sure, I take him. Alo doing the same – no, he is not compatible as a teamplayer”. To me this opinion is rubbish.

• John H (@john-h) said on 21st December 2012, 15:57

I never heard Hamilton shout ‘this is ridiculous’ down the team radio when behind Button. Hamilton chooses to race him instead whereas Alonso expects Massa to pull over.

Sure, tweeting telemetry is not being a team player at all, but neither is Alonso’s expectation of team mates to just move aside for him.

• IDR (@idr) said on 22nd December 2012, 9:06

What about giving a “F you” to his boss and protector when he asked Ham to respect what he agreed?

What about denouncing your own team when they “force” you to respect the agreement?

Ham is a damm good driver but saying he’s a team player is ridiculous (as well as for the rest of top drivers i.e.: Alo, Vet)

9. Stjuuv (@stjuuv) said on 21st December 2012, 10:59

I wonder if it would be an option in the future to replace all the gearbox and engine grid penalties with removal of constructors points for the race?

10. He does have a very good point. Of course, Vettel has yet to be paired with Hamilton or Alonso so we don’t yet know he’d react in that environment but we know very well that Alonso doesn’t take equal treatment light-heartedly from his McLaren days.

You never know though, a pairing with Alonso & Hamilton/Vettel may act like the Prost/Senna combination – a very sour persoanlly relationship but all but unbeatable on track.

• It was clear in 2007 that Alonso was not treated equally. HAM broke the agreement that was designed to enforce a fair and equal playing field.

• JerseyF1 (@jerseyf1) said on 21st December 2012, 16:23

It was clear in 2007 that Alonso was not treated equally

Really, new evidence emerged that I haven’t seen, can I have a link or is this more of the same old tripe?

In this one thread there are comments about how both Alonso and Hamilton suffered from unequal treatment at McLaren – is that really plausible that the whim of the top manager changes so easily and as a result one of his own drivers is hindered? Why can’t people face the fact that McLaren actually give both drivers the same equipment and let them fight it out on track and have done for many years.

Even back in the Coulthard/Hakkinen period the allocation of best engines/equipment etc wasn’t the determining factor between the drivers and with Senna/Prost any preference of Dennis’s wasn’t enough to determine the outcome of the championship (Balestre’s opinion would have had a greater impact). The team is paying both of their guys millions of dollars to win races and championships and whilst they might hope for domination and a preferred driver to get the title, the reality is that margins are so small and as Hamilton showed this year, if one driver has some bad luck you really need the other driver to be maximising what the team can achieve to keep you in the hunt for both titles.

• Well for one, Dennis said Alonso was the enemy, mid-way through the season. To me, that was a glaringly obvious admission who the team had decided to back.

• Tifoso1989 (@tifoso1989) said on 21st December 2012, 14:21

Equal treatment in a British team with a British team principle and a British team mate
      I’m not justifying Fernando’s behavior at the time but it was very clear that he wasn’t treated equally in the McRon he has reacted badly to that situation but that’s part of his personality imagine drivers like Niki lauda or James Hunt or Ayrton Senna in that situation How do you expect them to behave ???

• Ayrton Senna would have burnt the garage down!

• It’s a matter of go to settle issues. I absolutely would not agree with Ayrton’s likely method of showing his distatse; crashing into someone to win a championship is absolutely unacceptable!

I’ll amend my statement to “non-preferential” treatment, as they were given as equal treatment as is possible which reflected upon their finishing positions in the WDC: exactly even. No driver was favoured to the extent Alonso is favoured at Ferrari for example.

• Tifoso1989 (@tifoso1989) said on 21st December 2012, 15:58

Alonso is favoured at Ferrari for example.

BTW Alonso is favored in Ferrari not by coincidence apart from his excellent qualities as a driver he is also an excellent team leader many Ferrari team member who also worked with Michael like Stefano said that no one works like him he’s a proper machine he spends more time in the factory than any other driver
          Ferrari are very happy with Alonso
          Alonso is very happy in Ferrari
          Massa is very happy with Alonso
          Ferrari’s fans are very happy with Alonso
          I still don’t get it why some people are still complaining with Alonso’s situation in Ferrari

• @tifoso1989 – you’ve got the wrong idea. I’m not suggesting Alonso isn’t deserved of his place at Ferrari, I’m suggesting that the team operates differently and is structured around 1 driver unlike say Red Bull or McLaren.

11. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 21st December 2012, 11:25

Agree on penalties, disagree on Alonso.

12. Klaas de Vries said on 21st December 2012, 11:50

“put two bulls in at one time and try and make them work together in a mature way” – imagine Hamilton’s twitter if he’d have to give his front wing to Vettel. Schekter doesn’t have a clue about what he’s talking.

• Jason (@jason12) said on 21st December 2012, 18:10

You can’t compare a twitter message to what Alonso did to the team and the championship.

• Klaas de Vries said on 21st December 2012, 19:56

I’m talking about something else in my message @jason12.
        What Alonso did to the team and the championship? – Agreed to tell FIA the truth about McLaren – nothing wrong here. The blackmailing part was only heard by Ron ‘Integrity’ Dennis, the same man who was assuring everyone that they don’t have Ferrari data, and that the drivers were treated equally while ‘racing Fernando’.

• LOL! Loved the bit about Ron “integrity” Dennis. Boy were they caught with their pants down. I also loved the bit in Bernie’s book where he quotes Max:
          “I fined macca $5 million and $95 million was for Ron being a ****!”

13. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 21st December 2012, 11:50

I guess there’s nothing to say, everyone has the right to express their personal opinion based on their liking of certain individuals. There is no place for a debate or arguments in this case.

14. Nirupam (@nirupam) said on 21st December 2012, 12:03

Well that is Schekter’s personal opnion..
    And I do think those were actually absolutely rubbish (except for gearbox thing), and that is my opinion :)

15. Alonso’s strategy is to break his teammates, which didn’t work in 2007 because McLaren did not want to see Hamilton playing understudy to Alonso, and actively worked against Alonso garnering a superior status for himself. That is just how it works. Alonso was never the fastest, but his raw guile and metronomic consistency and ability to work wonders in a poor-handling car are some of the qualities which has brought him this far. But true, barring a few laps(Spain 2011 and Singapore 2010) Alonso has rarely put in heart-stopping lap times, something that Vettel and Hamilton.
    Hamilton is one of the fastest out there, but the problem is with his head. He’s had a season like this year, and then he’s also had a season like 2011, where he seemed wholly out-of-depth. Hamilton also has a tendency to slip into a kind of trance when the car is not set-up according to his liking, and unlike Alonso, he outperforms his car physically, and not cerebrally. Human beings were meant to use their head, and Hamilton should be knowing that. Let us hope his Mercedes stint transforms him for the better.
    Vettel is an enigma, and for me, he too needs a change of scenery to prove his doubters wrong. I know that is not happening anytime soon, but if Vettel continues to win titles with the same team, people will hail him as a great, but maybe not great enough as Schumacher and the like. He is tremendously fast in conditions that suit him, has both pace and consistency to be deserving of what he’s achieved. But somehow, deep down, doubts about his ability-which disappeared in 2011- have returned, atleast for one-half of this year. Vettel was possibly helped by the EBDs and were hindered by lack thereof, but surely such a small aerodynamic detail can’t have caught him off the hook this much. However, he has proved his doubters wrong about his ability to fight in traffic, and that seems to be a positive sign.

1 2 3