2012 F1 season review
When we last looked at who F1 Fanatic readers were supporting Jenson Button had just become first to pass 1,000 supporters.
Now Lewis Hamilton has passed that milestone too. And Kimi Raikkonen is not far off, having moved up into third place.
Fernando Alonso’s efforts won him a lot of praise this year and he’s moved ahead of Mark Webber in fourth place.
But success doesn’t always lead to popularity. Sebastian Vettel only ranks ninth on the list despite his three world championships.
And despite scoring the first win for Williams in eight years, Pastor Maldonado’s fans here number less than 100.
- Jenson Button
- Lewis Hamilton
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Fernando Alonso
- Mark Webber
- Michael Schumacher
- Kamui Kobayashi
- Paul di Resta
- Sebastian Vettel
- Heikki Kovalainen
- Sergio Perez
- Nico Rosberg
- Bruno Senna
- Felipe Massa
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Nico Hulkenberg
- Romain Grosjean
- Vitaly Petrov
- Timo Glock
- Pastor Maldonado
- Jean-Eric Vergne
- Narain Karthikeyan
- Pedro de la Rosa
- Jerome D’Ambrosio
- Charles Pic
McLaren and Ferrari remain the top two teams but Mercedes fell behind Red Bull to fifth overall. Will Hamilton’s move boost their popularity next year?
- Red Bull
- Force India
- Toro Rosso
Over to you
Did you start supporting any new drivers or teams in 2012? Will you change who you’re supporting next year? Have your say in the comments.
Show your support
Want to make sure your driver and team preferences are reflected in these charts? Here’s how to do it:
- Log in with your F1 Fanatic account (if you don’t have one you can sign up here)
- Select Edit My Profile from the top-right menu, then select F1 Teams and Drivers
- Make your selection then click Save Changes
You can now show your support for new 2013 drivers Esteban Gutierrez, Valtteri Bottas and Max Chilton.
2012 F1 season review
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
Browse all 2012 F1 season review articles
Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei