Caption Competition 25: The Schumachers

Caption Competition

Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, 2001

The Caption Competition is back for the off-season and will have a slightly retro flavour while we wait for the new season to begin.

The first offering takes inspiration from Sniff Petrol’s hilarious series The Schumachers.

It’s up to you to decide what Michael and Ralf were discussing over cake in this picture from 2001. Post your funniest suggestion in the comments and look out for my pick of the best in tomorrow’s round-up.

See the best of last year’s Caption Competition winners here:

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

100 comments on Caption Competition 25: The Schumachers

1. Kornél (@agentk0rn3l) said on 5th January 2013, 12:14

RSC: “I don’t get it big bro… I can’t figure out why ppl call this cake The Taste of Victory…”
    MSC: “No wonder…”

2. hey (@hey) said on 5th January 2013, 12:20

Schumi: “Real men eat the fork”

3. NinjaBadger (@ninjabadger) said on 5th January 2013, 12:39

Can you eat my piece? I don’t think I can afford to put on much weight with the number of years I plan to have in my career.

4. john24 said on 5th January 2013, 12:52

Michael: taste it Ralph, you always put too much sugar. How many times must I teach you this?

5. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 5th January 2013, 13:12

Ralf: “Well, Juan-Pablo is eating his own cake, and I’m doing the same. But as far as I can see, that particular cake on your plate belongs to Rubens…”

6. Scalextric (@scalextric) said on 5th January 2013, 13:32

Warum sprechen wir immer Englisch?

7. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 5th January 2013, 13:36

“So I told him that I didn’t think Les Miserables was the defining work of nineteenth-century French literature, because Alexandre Dumas was much better at capturing the Romanticism of the period in Le Comte de Monte-Cristo than Victor Hugo ever was.”

“You do know there’s a camera pointed at us right now … don’t you?”

“Uh … something about racing cars; bruumm, bruumm, bruumm!”

8. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 5th January 2013, 13:47

MS: “Not as good as ice-cream? Seriously Ralf, have you ever seen a world champion who likes ice-cream??? Preposterous ! Ill quit Ferrari before that day comes !!! “

9. milmot (@milmot) said on 5th January 2013, 13:49

MSC: “So you think I’ll still be driving when I’m 43?”
    RSC: “Yeah, when Jaguar wins triple Constructors championships.”

10. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 5th January 2013, 14:00

Michael: “Cake too bitter for you, Ralf? It’s just like the gravel traps you usually end up in.”

11. Mère Çaidaisse said on 5th January 2013, 14:02

“Let’s celebrate! There are now TWO bad drivers in the family!”

12. “You always were the greedy one Ralf!”

13. mike-e (@mike-e) said on 5th January 2013, 14:05

Ralf was driving the best he ever had by this point, so michael had to do something to slow his quickening brother down and remain the top schumacher. It was in this moment michael discovered ralf’s kryptonite….

14. JB (@) said on 5th January 2013, 14:08

There you go boy…. take the fork to your mouth not your mouth to the fork…

15. alofan (@alonsofan98) said on 5th January 2013, 14:12

MS:I have always wondered why you’re called Ralf and not Half.