Caption Competition 25: The Schumachers

Caption Competition

Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, 2001

The Caption Competition is back for the off-season and will have a slightly retro flavour while we wait for the new season to begin.

The first offering takes inspiration from Sniff Petrol’s hilarious series The Schumachers.

It’s up to you to decide what Michael and Ralf were discussing over cake in this picture from 2001. Post your funniest suggestion in the comments and look out for my pick of the best in tomorrow’s round-up.

See the best of last year’s Caption Competition winners here:

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

100 comments on Caption Competition 25: The Schumachers

1. mayzee said on 5th January 2013, 18:40

Michael: “Taste that, do you…? That’s the taste of second place… EAT IT”

2. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 5th January 2013, 19:07

Are you sure this isn’t Juan Pablo’s?

3. Byron Young said on 5th January 2013, 19:18

“I suppose we could open a restaurant”

4. Neel Jani (@neelv27) said on 5th January 2013, 19:40

The Legendary Schumachers

Dominating Formula 1 was a cake walk

After a decade, eating humble pie

5. BenH (@benh) said on 5th January 2013, 20:42

MS: Do you think if I keep eating this cake, I will get slow by the time I hit 40?
    RS: I doubt it. I’ve been eating cake for years and I’m doing fine!

6. Josie Maunders (@jbmaunders) said on 5th January 2013, 21:07

‘Ralf, you try it first. That way if it’s poisoned it’ll still be alright.’

7. Maciek (@maciek) said on 5th January 2013, 21:38

See? I told you: an aftertaste of Rubens’ bitter tears, seething helplessness and crushed spirit that lingers in the corner of your mouth for years. You can’t go wrong with my ‘Austria 2002 Special Mix’.

8. Novotny (@novotny) said on 5th January 2013, 21:43

‘When you get half-way through, I’ll start. And I’ll still beat you to the end.’

9. “i was thinking of starting a website. I might call it ‘inhale gasoline.'”

10. John H (@john-h) said on 5th January 2013, 23:09

“These Pirelli tyres taste quite nice. Can you imagine if they ever had something like this F1?!”

(note: controversial).

11. Dwemmer said on 5th January 2013, 23:50

Michael: ” Its bitter sweet chocolate, tell me what you think?”
    Ralf: ” Now my mouth knows exactly how you felt after your comeback”

12. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 5th January 2013, 23:54

‘You know that move you pulled today? You’re on thin icing, bro…’

13. and this is instead of salary in DTM?

14. And you know little brother, for the last three years in F1 I got to understand what it is to be you. Enjoy your cake Ralf.

15. Oh, by the way Ralf, I’m releasing my own condom brand now, hard, soft and rain in different colors. What do you honestly think about that?

16. Rupert Richardson said on 6th January 2013, 11:40

If you eat that cake, Ralf, you’ll always be slower than me – oh, too late… Have mine too.

17. Sviatoslav Andrushko (@) said on 6th January 2013, 16:29

– Does it taste like a new contract?

18. I don’t know what all the fuss is about over Formula 1. If I wanted to see a driver do the same thing seventy-eight times before finally finishing…….I’d watch my wife try to park.

19. Milos Zivkovic (@iamaflyingfinn) said on 6th January 2013, 20:35

Rubinho’s piece

20. Bobbi F (@bobbif) said on 7th January 2013, 0:57

Michael (thinking) “when he looks away, that cake is mine”