Caption Competition 26: Rookies of 2001

Caption Competition

Kimi Raikkonen, Juan Pablo Montoya, Fernando Alonso, Enrique Bernoldi, Melbourne, 2001

Continuing our retro-themed Caption Competitions, today’s features the rookie class of 2001.

Future world champions Kimi Raikkonen (Sauber) and Fernando Alonso (Minardi) made their F1 debuts at Melbourne in 2001 along with Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams) and Enrique Bernoldi (Arrows).

It’s up to you to suggest the best comedy caption for this picture. Post your funniest suggestion in the comments and look out for my pick of the best in tomorrow’s round-up.

See the best of last year’s Caption Competition winners here:

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? BMW

136 comments on Caption Competition 26: Rookies of 2001

1. Ann Idiot said on 12th January 2013, 13:08

“Fernando, your eyebrows have yet to arrive.”

2. DavidS (@davids) said on 12th January 2013, 13:09

Montoya was confident he would have the most promising career of the group, as he had signed with a Championship winning team.

3. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 12th January 2013, 13:10

Er.. Fernanado Where is your cap …??

FA : It’s there .. It’s just that you can’t see it :)

4. “Goes to show, a big smile will get you no where in F1″

5. The cast for the international version of the Inbetweeners…before it got scrapped and stayed British.

6. Alonso: Did you see Nelson Piquet’s son running around….he’s so irritating. Hope I don’t see him again.

Montoya: My psychic told me by time those words become ironic, I won’t even be in F1.

Bernoldi: If there’s one thing I want from F1, it’s to make Coulthard angry.

Raikkonen: Just take the photo, I need my nap.

7. Milos Zivkovic (@iamaflyingfinn) said on 12th January 2013, 13:25

Look at that bottom.

8. Milos Zivkovic (@iamaflyingfinn) said on 12th January 2013, 13:29

EB: I have the most sponsors, so i’m the best.

9. Alonso : How in the hell is Juan going to be able to fit in the car!?…

10. Drivers feared Montoya would be quick off the blocks, so they asked Michael Schumacher, complete with a Yellow missile, to ‘sort it out’

11. The driver’s superhero names, from left to right:
    The Iceman
    Deer Boy
    The Spanish Samurai
    Free minutes when you top-up man

12. Bernoldi didn’t care about the wins, he was th only one going to see the new Harry Potter film, Black Sunday’s, Orange Wednesdays…

13. Ishaak said on 12th January 2013, 14:01

Bernoldi:”The future’s bright, the future’s…just orange for me…”

14. French Steve (@french-steve) said on 12th January 2013, 14:08

“I think that’s Bernoldi who is the most promising of these young men.” Helmut Marko (2001)

15. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 12th January 2013, 14:29

Bernoldi feeling a “little” intimidated by the others,
    compensates with a big smile.