Williams have become the first team to confirm they will run a 2012-specification car at the first test of 2013.
“For the earlier Jerez test starting on the 5th February, the team will run the 2012 FW34 in order to test a number of key development parts in preparation for the launch of the FW35,” said the team in a statement, adding that the old car would run in their new livery.
The FW35 will be launched on February 19th at the start of the second test at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Williams are the eighth team to confirm details of their 2013 launch plans, leaving Lotus, Caterham and Marussia yet to confirm theirs. The others teams have all announced their 2013 cars will appear before the Jerez test begins.
Get all the 2013 car launch, test and race dates with the F1 Fanatic Calendar
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT