First pictures of Hamilton at Mercedes

F1 video

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 2013

Lewis Hamilton has made his first appearance as a Mercedes driver.

He visited the AMG factory at Affalterbach in Germany where he spoke to staff and also appeared at the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart.

See a video interview with Hamilton here

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Image ?? Daimler/Hoch Zwei

29 comments on First pictures of Hamilton at Mercedes

1. Himmat said on 21st January 2013, 16:59

What a clutz! Hate guys with earrings…

2. I’m sorry Lewis but you look ridiculous with that beard, get it shaved!

• The first 2 comments on this topic are about his appearence.

I think it says more about you’s.

• What it’s says is we think his appearance is bordering on ridiculous: I haven’t commented on his personality, his decisions, his talent/ability or my personal view on him. If you wish to hear my opinion on any of the preceding topics however feel free!

I was merely making a passing comment on the state of his beard.

• Guccio (@concalvez00) said on 21st January 2013, 22:48

His beard is his personality don’t you think

• Maverick232 said on 22nd January 2013, 0:24

Oh no.. The guy earns stupid millions a year, drives in f1 for a job and dates a pussycatdoll.

I dread to think how he would react if he ever finds out that you hate his beard…

• @Maverick232 – He will take no notice; I don’t suspect anyone actually cares about any of the comment son this site, which is perhaps why there isn’t an effective cost-cutting measure proposed and why Glock is now out of his seat! I don’t kid myself into thinking anybody does care about any of our opinions but does that mean we shouldn’t voice them?

@concalvez00 – perhaps so! It’s okay when properly trimmed, just it looks slightly scruffy now! But yes the beard and of course his adventures in twitter ;)

3. The factory staff look pretty excited — as well they should!

4. Robbie (@robbie) said on 21st January 2013, 17:08

I think this is a exciting time for LH and for F1…a fresh start on a new team that is not his ‘home’…yet. I think this is going to be a blast to see. I think the change from Mac was needed and should bode well for him, for Merc, for F1, and for the fans. We will get to see how LH does now that he’s gone from the nest. Gonna be very interesting to see.

5. TribalTalker (@tribaltalker) said on 21st January 2013, 17:29

Great photos – especially the two with classic racing cars. HAM will be in seventh heaven there – I bet he wanted to drive them all.
    I hope HAM settles in well. The factory staff looked happy but expectant – “Who is this British kid who’s going to save our behinds” kind of thing. Given all the head-hunting, Mercedes is obviously pushing hard right now – if they fail badly this year I think it might be game over for the Mercedes F1 project.
    High stakes. Very exciting stuff.

6. Akshay (@hamilfan) said on 21st January 2013, 17:33

LOLed at the oversized Merc Jerkin . I just hopes he pulls off something unexpected this year . But I think he can’t do better than 4th or 5th realistically. fingers crossed :)

7. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 21st January 2013, 17:46

I’m not sure if it’s me or what, but he just seems immediately at home at Mercedes, and already appears to have settled in well. Whereas Perez didn’t seem so settled in his photos, though I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt he’s moved to a massive team and is much younger than Hamilton.

• Robbie (@robbie) said on 21st January 2013, 18:50

I think he knows he needs this fresh start, so he’s probably stoked for this new challenge, and he has also been using Merc engines all along, so I think it is a good fit and should be a good new home for him.

8. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st January 2013, 18:15

Garish coat is garish.

9. Jimmy Clark said on 21st January 2013, 19:42

As I’ve heard in the past,the advantage of Mercedes(and Force India),is the final speed. Give Lewis a real fast car that can cross the final line and he’ll get the job done… and not only one win,as most of us expecting. Even if I’d prefer “the job to be done” from Mc Laren…

10. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 21st January 2013, 20:24

So Reebok sponsored Hamilton is out wearing a Puma Mercedes team jacket…bet his management team are going to have fun over the next 3 years!

11. foleyger (@foleyger) said on 21st January 2013, 20:44

The top photo with the roof reminds me of the Dark Knight film where Batman goes to work. Will Lewis Hamilton be the knight in shining armour is the question?

12. Scudderite (@scudderite) said on 21st January 2013, 21:24

Thanks for these wonderful quality pictures Keith – start of my Lewis at Mercedes album. I am so excited about the prospect of Lewis driving for Mercedes. He looks like he belongs there. Even if he doesn’t win or do well, I think he will be happy because he is free from the shackles of McLaren.

13. Guccio (@concalvez00) said on 21st January 2013, 22:50

I need to have that Jacket, it looks very awesome!. Has somebody already seen the Mercedes-Benz team wear ?, the polo shirt looks hard!