Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

Caption Competition

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Brackley, 2013

Mercedes were in the headlines this week for reasons other than Lewis Hamilton’s first public appearance for the team.

The surprise hiring of Toto Wolff from Williams was followed by speculation that he had lured Paddy Lowe from McLaren to join him and that team principal Ross Brawn would have to make way.

While all this was going on Hamilton was checking out his new team. What did he make of them? That’s for you to decide in the latest Caption Competition.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will be chosen for tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

216 comments on Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

1. Wesley (@wesley) said on 26th January 2013, 23:19

Lewis scouts an area around the sponsors for his H.A.M. bumper sticker….It is not so much a sexual reference as an explaination of how difficult is is to drive this car.

(refer to Hamilton’s aborted USGP helmet design if you missed it)

2. Railly (@rjessalt) said on 27th January 2013, 0:48

Lewis: I’m used to the left rear tyre not being on.

3. Schumi stole more than the hubcaps..

4. Huh, this is the budget cap version of the new car?

5. So the rest of the car I have to pay for myself? I should have read the contract fine print..

6. I prefer my GFs rear end..

7. Fabio (@efsl0) said on 27th January 2013, 1:53

Great solution for tire degradation, using the car without tires :)

8. Das_Stig (@das_stig) said on 27th January 2013, 3:00

meh, not worth tweeting.

9. PT (@pt) said on 27th January 2013, 3:10

I think I can find some “paddy” here…perhaps they plowed the fields of Woking with this!

10. Robbie (@robbie) said on 27th January 2013, 3:14

OMG, what have I done? I think I’m going to be sick!

11. Robbie (@robbie) said on 27th January 2013, 3:19

Well…I recognize the engine, but that’s about it.

12. Ken (@buytheredcar) said on 27th January 2013, 6:44

“Im doing my ‘Benz’ for the day”

13. Wonderduck (@wonderduck) said on 27th January 2013, 7:54

“I’ve found the solution! It’ll go faster with tires!”

14. addywiz said on 27th January 2013, 13:23

Sooo.
    No secrets
    Crap.

15. Oliww (@oliww) said on 27th January 2013, 19:50

“If we sent this to McLaren, I don’t even think they’d know what to do with it”