Lotus E21 steering wheel, 2013

Lotus E21 steering wheel, 2013

Lotus E21 steering wheel, 2013

29 comments on Lotus E21 steering wheel, 2013

1. Sphinx (@sphinx) said on 28th January 2013, 20:46

The blue button on the left clearly reveals this is Kimi’s steering wheel…

2. Oople said on 28th January 2013, 20:46

I take it the “Fail” setting won’t be used much?

3. Chris (@chr15h) said on 28th January 2013, 20:51

Kimi’s wheel has the ‘smile’ button? Looking forward to seeing the bananas being deployed too!

4. Jason (@jmwalley) said on 28th January 2013, 21:20

great touch, giving the buttons alternate names. would be even better if this was their official naming system.

I wonder what the Jenson button does… (Seriously, I didn’t get that until I typed it out.)

5. troutcor said on 28th January 2013, 21:25

Mum!
    I love it!
    Hard to imagine the Kimster having a mommie, though.

• Lauri (@f1lauri) said on 29th January 2013, 7:47

Maybe a reference to Kimi at top 3 drivers press conference at Barcelona ’12 where he only wished happy mother’s day to all mums (in Finnish). That was all he had to say in Finnish after finishing third :)

6. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 28th January 2013, 21:37

The Smile button’s a bit harsh…
    I like the Finishing Position selector too. Great stuff.

7. Ryan Williams (@ryanwilliams) said on 28th January 2013, 21:57

Why does it have a “Tweet” button? Kimi isn’t on Twitter!

8. Pete (@repete86) said on 28th January 2013, 22:02

Lol, this is brilliant! I’m really beginning to love the Lotus team.

9. xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 28th January 2013, 22:05

Was that on the car at the actual launch?
    If so, they absaloutely have to use it at melbourne just for a laugh

• Oople said on 28th January 2013, 22:20

Just imagine it…
      Lights out! And 21 Cars head to the first corner-…
      Oh, no… Kimi’s car seems to have stalled.
      Wait, no. He’s just sat there, frantically pressing the Ice Cream Button >_>

10. JerseyF1 (@jerseyf1) said on 28th January 2013, 23:02

My favourites are the Jenson button (even Mclaren doesn’t have one of those) and the “open gate” dial

11. Lauri (@f1lauri) said on 29th January 2013, 7:48

But where’s the “just give me more power then” button is? Maybe that’s the Jenson button ;) ?

12. Bruno (@brunes) said on 29th January 2013, 14:23

following Kimi’s offroading in Brazil, they’ve added a SatNav to the car.
    At least the engineers won’t need to tell Kimi where to go.

13. BarnstableD (@barnstabled) said on 29th January 2013, 14:43

Hahaha this made me chuckle! Open Gate is my favourite.

14. chapmankillie (@chapmankillie) said on 29th January 2013, 21:41

Grosjean’s version has a Hazard Warning button function for 2013. Defaults to ON until lap 3.

15. Burnz said on 31st January 2013, 17:03