Ferrari say the name is derived in part from the year it will compete and partly to recognise it as the final year of the current V8 engine formula.
The F138 is the 59th car built by the team to compete in the world championship. It will be launched in an event at Maranello on Friday.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo