2013 F1 cars
The Ferrari F138 has been launched by the team in Maranello.
Team principal Stefano Domenicali described the car as an “evolution” of the car which the team raced in 2012 and said it represented the “first step” in the team’s development for this year.
The F138 was developed under the internal code name 664 and is the first product of the team’s technical reorganisation.
The car retains the pull-rod front and rear suspension used on last year’s car. According to the team the car’s bodywork has been redesigned to improve its aerodynamic performance – a key weakness of recent Ferraris.
The F138′s Kinetic Energy Recovery System has been revised and lightened. However Ferrari stressed they are keen to repeat the high levels of reliability they enjoyed with the F2012.
Ferrari F138 video
2013 F1 season
- Felipe Massa’s Ferrari career in over 100 pictures
- Todt formally elected to second term as FIA president
- Sauber fall to seventh despite late-season surge
- The 2013 season in stats: Comparing the cars
- Toro Rosso fall well short of sixth place target
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Images © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo