Mercedes W04 to be shown for first time today

2013 F1 season

Michael Schumacher, Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, W03, 2012Mercedes will give the first view of their new F1 car on their website later today.

In a novel step, the speed of the launch will be determined by how often people post the hashtag #F1W04Reveal on Twitter.

According to the team: “Each Tweet will trigger the opening of a garage door on our website, behind which is hiding the new F1 W04. And the faster you retweet it, the faster the car will be revealed.”

The event will begin on Mercedes website from 4pm UK time.

The formal launch of the car will take place at Jerez on Monday.

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Image ?é?® Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

133 comments on Mercedes W04 to be shown for first time today

1. robfff said on 2nd February 2013, 18:39

So far no pictures?

2. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 2nd February 2013, 19:12

Site is still down.

Nice idea, poor execution.

3. CarnivorousPope (@) said on 2nd February 2013, 20:13

I can get in now

4. Here’s what I managed to doctor so far…I’ll keep trying though. :)

[IMG]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Aurorae15/AMG_zps9ba240e0.jpg[/IMG]

5. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 2nd February 2013, 20:49

Currently 8.48 right? and still just darkness, I wonder if that garage door needs some oil “3 in 1″

6. Blue_Fisherman (@blue_fisherman) said on 2nd February 2013, 20:50

I think the Mercedes F1 website is so dull and un-iteresting, i’m not surprised their launch is in a similar vein. I’m a huge Lewis fan so I’m trying to find anything to give me a motivational lift but I can’t help but notice Mercedes just doesn’t have the panache.

7. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 2nd February 2013, 20:51

Which will arrive first- Grosjean’s baby or the Mercedes? Any bets? :p

8. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 2nd February 2013, 20:58

For what i can see from the preview on their site, it looks like similar to the 2011 Mercedes W02.

9. Lucien_Todutz (@lucien_todutz) said on 2nd February 2013, 21:00

hmmmmmm… sadly, wanna bet that Merc still didn’t solve the tire problems????? :(

10. Eddie (@wackyracer) said on 2nd February 2013, 21:08

works fine for me

11. Tom_ec1 (@tom_ec1) said on 2nd February 2013, 21:20

To see the car (no need to wait!) :

1. Copy the picture (e.g. take a screenshot or use Snipping Tool)
    2. Paste into PowerPoint
    3. Go to picture settings and increase brightness to around 93%

You can now see the W01!

Nose looks half way between Sauber and standard modesty panel. Definitely raised at the side by a dip running through the middle.

Front suspension looks like it could be pull rod.

Front wing same as started 2012 with.

Sidepods standard.

Livery same as before except extra green running along nose.

12. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 2nd February 2013, 21:41

Well that was a disappointing afternoon.