Hamilton does his first laps in a Mercedes

F1 pictures

Lewis Hamilton has got behind the wheel of a Mercedes for the first time during a filming day at the Jerez circuit.

Hamilton drove the W04 which was officially launched earlier today.

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Images ?? F1 Fanatic

37 comments on Hamilton does his first laps in a Mercedes

1. Michael Chang (@honeybadger) said on 4th February 2013, 15:10

looking good!

2. That cockpit looks snug!

3. AdrianMorse (@adrianmorse) said on 4th February 2013, 15:11

I must say, the new helmet looks better in the cockpit.

4. JCost (@jcost) said on 4th February 2013, 15:12

We need a competitive Mercedes so bad!

5. Meander (@meander) said on 4th February 2013, 15:13

I’m afraid that it’s going to be very hard to tell him and Rosberg apart at speed with a quick glance.

6. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 4th February 2013, 15:32

About the helmet, it looks like any of them is going to give up the yellow so easily!!! The car looks good, looks fast… just as all the other Mercedes in the previous years, they just “look” fast

• Amen! Mr. Pepper. The car looks awkward probably because of the new Pirelli….. who knows if they got it right and the others have to adjust to their style? Melbourne will tell I suppose. Can’t wait.

7. Guccio (@concalvez00) said on 4th February 2013, 15:56

I have read Gay Anderson talking rubbish about the car already, i have the impression these folks want see Lewis fail so hard unbelievable

• Anderson was talking rubbish about Mclaren before last season. Yeah, the car that, but for operational errors, would have dominated

8. William Brierty said on 4th February 2013, 16:11

So above we see a picture of Lewis Hamilton in a yellow helmet, black and white gloves and white(ish) overalls driving a silver car very quickly. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve seen that somewhere before.

9. Good job Murray is retired. Every race would be “unless I’m very much mistaken… Is that Lewis, er no, it’s nico, no sorry it’s Hamilton, no no it’s rosberg, oh hang on its, oh for the love of god, it’s a Mercedes currently in 5th”

10. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 4th February 2013, 16:28

strange that hamilton would change his helmet to look more like rosbergs than it did before :S

• TdM (@tdm) said on 4th February 2013, 16:50

It’s all a cunning ploy by the Germans… At the end of the season when one of the drivers needs the points whichever is at the front can claim the points for the one who needs them most.

It’ll be like Spartacus… “I’m Lewis Hamilton!”

11. fay ridd said on 4th February 2013, 17:10

Yes what’s with the helmet well just have to take it that Lewis will be in front what a beautiful looking car. If it does do what it look like we re in for some great surprises hell race the wheels f that car. By the way lew the outfit looks great on you. Your the greatest out there no one to match you.

12. D (@f190) said on 4th February 2013, 17:44

Nice to see he matched his helmet with his tyres :) Nicole would be impressed :P

13. Nomore said on 4th February 2013, 17:56

Im a Ferrari fan and i always support the red drivers, but i wish for Hamilton the best. I hope he and Alonso will battle for WDC in the upcoming years because they are the best and drives both legendary cars.

I hope that by 2015 or 2016 the dream come true…Hamilton in Ferrari..teams up with Alonso, we will see great years then.

• tmax (@tmax) said on 4th February 2013, 23:56

I think you will have to be disappointed on that front. On every page of Alonso Contract the First line reads as follows….

“As long as I am in this team Lewis, Vettel or any other driver faster than me cannot join this team …. I have had enuf in 2007… “

14. Mouse_Nightshirt (@mouse_nightshirt) said on 4th February 2013, 18:47

It looks like the car had botched nose job with a second rate plastic surgeon.

15. Palle (@palle) said on 4th February 2013, 19:50

I don’t see anything on that Mercedes, which causes me to be optimistic for Lewis or Rosberg. It looks like last years Merc, with a little evolution, but even less evolution than on the other cars we have seen so far, from both Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren. If You compare the size of the rear of the car, when looking at it from the side, it seems much higher and larger than the others. So I don’t see Mercedes in the battle between the 3 front running teams, yet.