Lewis Hamilton’s first day of testing for Mercedes ended in disappointment.
He crashed after just 15 laps in the car following a fault on the hydraulic brake line at the right-rear. He went into the barrier at Curva Dry Sack, damaging the front-left of the car.
Hamilton was unhurt, but Mercedes later confirmed they would be unable to continue in the day’s test.
It is a second setback for the team after Nico Rosberg’s run yesterday was disrupted by a fire. He managed just 14 laps.
Hamilton was second-fastest at the time of his crash, 0.032 seconds slower than Daniel Ricciardo.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® F1 Fanatic | f1fanatic.co.uk