2013 F1 testing day 3 in pictures

2013 F1 season

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Jerez, 2013

Day three of F1 testing at Jerez is underway. Here are pictures from today’s test.

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Images ?? F1 Fanatic, Red Bull/Getty, Ferrari/Ercole Colombo, Caterham/LAT, McLaren/HochZwei, Force India

33 comments on 2013 F1 testing day 3 in pictures

1. Avenger said on 7th February 2013, 8:59

Ferrari got new cooling vents.

2. nidzovski (@nidzovski) said on 7th February 2013, 9:54

I simply adore the “I’m sexy and I know it” sign on the side of Lotus car. :)

3. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 7th February 2013, 10:24

Am I the only one that thinks the Marussia is the sexiest of them all? It’s so simple and beautiful !

4. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 7th February 2013, 10:42

Why does it say “I’m sexy and I know it”? @keithcollantine

5. Avenger said on 7th February 2013, 10:49

Ferrari’s upto speed now.I was sure it was the cooling problem the reason for their slow pace.It’s seems resolved now.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 7th February 2013, 11:51

I was sure it was the cooling problem the reason for their slow pace.

Actually, Ted Kravitz’s theory – which I quite like – is that Felipe Massa has spent the past two days doing all the heavy lifting, clocking up as many miles as possible to harvest as much raw data as he can for the team to wade through later.

• Avenger said on 7th February 2013, 12:12

@prisoner-monkeys They didn’t run much last two days and were seriously low on speed.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 7th February 2013, 12:29

Massa did 64 laps on Tuesday and 78 laps yesterday. It’s not as much in comparison to drivers who have been doing in excess of 90 laps (Mark Webber did 101 yesterday), but it’s certainly more than “not much”.

Besides, from photos it’s evident that Ferrari have been running the F138 with a higher ride height than any other team; it’s as if they couldn’t care less about set-up work. And yours are the first comments I’ve heard about a serious cooling problem. Massa mentioned it in passing on Tuesday, but judging by what he said, Ferrari sorted it out pretty quickly.

6. Win7Golf (@win7golf) said on 7th February 2013, 10:51

it’s a slogan, a catch expression to pop up in the car and it’s also the twitter handler for F1 info from Team Lotus:

7. nidzovski (@nidzovski) said on 7th February 2013, 11:02

Felipe Massa, 1:17.879 Ouch!! Fast.

8. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 7th February 2013, 11:53

I saw the brand-new Pepsi Max V8 Supercar liveries today, and I’m pretty sure it cured my colour-blineness.

Then I saw the Caterham, and nope, I’m colour-blind again.

9. RonanC (@ronanc) said on 7th February 2013, 11:55

Hard to spot the difference between Hamilton and Rosberg with both having yellow helmets. Unless I’m missing something?

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 7th February 2013, 12:04

@ronanc – No, they’re quite similar. The detail that separates them from one another is obscured by the bodywork around the cockpit.

Once the season begins, it shouldn’t be a problem. Rosberg will carry a red camera housing above his airbox, whilst Hamilton’s will be yellow. In the meantime, the cars do have quite prominent numbers on the rear wing and in the space forward of the cockpit (if you can get the right angle), and the photos are all properly captioned.

10. RonanC (@ronanc) said on 7th February 2013, 12:22

Cool, didn’t know about the camera housing. I’d say any TV commentators will be glad.

11. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 7th February 2013, 12:40

Have Mercedes not changed their front wing design for 4 years in a row ?

12. matt90 (@matt90) said on 7th February 2013, 14:24

I don’t like Toro Rosso s a team, and don’t like their car for the most part. But the sidepods on it are gorgeous.

13. Meander (@meander) said on 7th February 2013, 14:29

Loving Bottas’ hetlmet with the Williams livery. What on earth were they running on the car though?

14. Fixy (@fixy) said on 7th February 2013, 18:56

I have a good feeling about Massa this year… but it’s not the first time!
    Also, I though Rossiter was only going to drive half a day? He drove yesterday as well!

15. Bruno (@brunes) said on 8th February 2013, 9:36

What is that thing that looks like a little radiator on the Ferrari? (rear left wheel)