Are you going to an F1 race in 2013?

2013 F1 season

Podium, Monza, 2012We’re just over a month away from the start of the 2013 F1 season – so will you be going to watch any of it for yourself?

For the 16th time the season starts in Melbourne, Australia. The championship begins with back-to-back races as the teams will be in Malaysia one week later.

The championship arrives in Europe for the Spanish Grand Prix in mid-May. The Monaco Grand Prix has its traditional place at the end of May, sharing a date with the Indianapolis 500.

Last-minute shuffling of the calendar means there is now a three-week gap between the Canadian and British Grands Prix, which is followed a week later by the German round. That was to be followed by another race two weeks later but Bernie Ecclestone has said recently that race will not go ahead.

That will leave a three-week break before the Hungarian Grand Prix followed by a four-week gap to the Belgian Grand Prix. But after that it’s a hectic end to the season with six races in eight weeks.

You can find the 2013 F1 calendar below and add the dates of all this year’s races to your mobile device with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar:

If you’re planning a trip to any of this year’s races you can contact other fans who are going and get advice and information from those who have been before on F1 Fanatic’s dedicated forums. Find them all here:

Are you going to an F1 race in 2013? How far will you be travelling to get there?

Have your say below and join in the discussion in the forums.

Going to a Grand Prix

Find more information on Going to a Grand Prix here:

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

64 comments on Are you going to an F1 race in 2013?

1 2 3
  1. No. I’ve try to save money for Spa, but it’s still too expensive for me.

2. HoHum (@hohum) said on 12th February 2013, 16:38

I am going to be in Florida when the season starts and I’m not even sure if I will be able to watch on TV, I have Comcast cable with SpeedTV which used to serve me OK but I have no idea which channel will be brodcasting F1 this year!

3. William Brierty said on 12th February 2013, 16:42

I personally will be spending late June sitting on the international pit straight in Silverstone, before parking myself at the foot of Eau Rouge in August; a little taster of my annual petrol-head pilgrimage.

4. Spawinte (@spawinte) said on 12th February 2013, 16:42

Thinking about a short hop over to Belgium if I can find the money. If not then maybe Le Mans instead.

5. Asanator (@asanator) said on 12th February 2013, 16:45

I’m going to the Belgian GP!

Whoop Whoop :)

6. ju-rena (@ju-rena) said on 12th February 2013, 16:51

I’m going to Monza again with my father! :)

7. marcus (@wombat1m) said on 12th February 2013, 16:59

Off to Melbourne for the season opener – woohoo – and then Singapore later in the year as it’s where I live.

8. Going to Spa. 9 of us going for my 30th :)

9. kimihakkinen said on 12th February 2013, 17:21

Going to the Hungaroring. Can’t wait!

10. Since the inaugural race in 2011, i always wanted to go to the Indian Grand Prix. Delhi is just 3 hours from Bangalore and accommodations are easy to find. I couldnt visit the last two years because of commitments at work and home. But this year i plan to do so. Its my only new year resolution! The western media talked about how F1 is expensive in India and how people cant afford it for 2 year. Hopefully this time they realize that expensive or not, people will watch it if they want to. I sure will!

11. Michael Brown (@) said on 12th February 2013, 17:47

I’ll be going to the Canadian Grand Prix, sitting at the exit of the hairpin.

12. JPedroCQF1 (@joao-pedro-cq) said on 12th February 2013, 17:58

I lack the financial ability to do so. It’s very bad that you can’t watch your favourite sport on site. Very bad.

13. Roger2012 said on 12th February 2013, 18:12

I would usually be going to Montreal, Have been every years there’s been an F1 race held there since 1989 but after the last 2 years I’ve decided not to attend this year.

Reason I won’t be going is purely down to the DRS wing. We have always sat at the hairpin because thats where all the best action tended to be, However the last 2 years there has been nothing going on there because nobody wants to complete a pass just before the DRS zone which seems to be ridiculously effective at Montreal.
    I saw tons of example in 2011 & 2012 of drivers having a good run to pass into the hairpin yet backing out the pass to ensure there behind at the detection line, Including when Hamilton was looking to pass Alonso late in the race where both seemed to be intentionally trying to slow down to try & be the one to get DRS, Utterly ridiculous!

Also consider that there are no grandstands down the long straght so all the DRS-Ing happens where fans at the track can’t see it (Not that its exciting to watch anyway).

I think this highlights an issue with having ‘overtaking zones’, It puts drivers off racing elsewhere round the track, especially if DRS is really effective on that track.

• Philippe (@philippe) said on 13th February 2013, 17:31

The first GP in Montréal was in 1978.
      But yeah, you are absolutely right on the DRS zone. It really screwed up one of the most exciting Grand Prix on the calander.
      If it was up to me, there would be no DRSat all in F1 but, if it has to be there, it should only be used on tracks that actually needs it. Like Abu Dhabi and Valencia.

14. Nick.UK (@) said on 12th February 2013, 18:15

I would like to go to a race, but I’ll miss the entire European race sequence due to working abroad in Madagascar during that time. Of all the races though, I’d like to go to Sepang, maybe next year in 2014 (I did Spa last season which was great, was my first race).

15. Philippe (@philippe) said on 12th February 2013, 18:19

I’m going to the Canadian Grand Prix! Will be sitting at turn 1.
    No need to travel as I live in Montreal. :-)

1 2 3