Are you going to an F1 race in 2013?

2013 F1 season

Podium, Monza, 2012We’re just over a month away from the start of the 2013 F1 season – so will you be going to watch any of it for yourself?

For the 16th time the season starts in Melbourne, Australia. The championship begins with back-to-back races as the teams will be in Malaysia one week later.

The championship arrives in Europe for the Spanish Grand Prix in mid-May. The Monaco Grand Prix has its traditional place at the end of May, sharing a date with the Indianapolis 500.

Last-minute shuffling of the calendar means there is now a three-week gap between the Canadian and British Grands Prix, which is followed a week later by the German round. That was to be followed by another race two weeks later but Bernie Ecclestone has said recently that race will not go ahead.

That will leave a three-week break before the Hungarian Grand Prix followed by a four-week gap to the Belgian Grand Prix. But after that it’s a hectic end to the season with six races in eight weeks.

You can find the 2013 F1 calendar below and add the dates of all this year’s races to your mobile device with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar:

If you’re planning a trip to any of this year’s races you can contact other fans who are going and get advice and information from those who have been before on F1 Fanatic’s dedicated forums. Find them all here:

Are you going to an F1 race in 2013? How far will you be travelling to get there?

Have your say below and join in the discussion in the forums.

Going to a Grand Prix

Find more information on Going to a Grand Prix here:

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

64 comments on Are you going to an F1 race in 2013?

1. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 12th February 2013, 23:33

Did 2011 and 2012 at Singapore but have to give it a miss this year. If the lotto numbers come up I’ll spend the whole year going to every race.

2. angelflorida (@angelflorida) said on 13th February 2013, 0:08

I might go to Austin since is the closest GP where I live

3. colinh2001 (@colinh2001) said on 13th February 2013, 1:19

I live in Melbourne and will be going to Fri and Sat sessions.
    I will watch the race at home with laptop and the iPad live timing app running.
    That way I see more on track action, also there are less people there, less of the rent a crowd types that only turn up because its an event to be seen at, instead of ‘real’ fans that actually want to see the cars.
    (eg Same with Melbourne cup horse racing, too many ******* not interested in the horses.)
    I also figure that if my favorite driver crashes on the first corner and I’m on turn 9, I will only see him past once on the warm up lap, going on practice days they do lots of laps setting up the cars.

4. Jake (@jakehardyf1) said on 13th February 2013, 1:36

Off to my 2nd Australian Grand Prix. This year I got Gold GP Advantage + Free tickets to the Official Breakfast to be seated with 1980 WC Alan Jones. 4 Day Waite Grandstand Tickets (Turns 11 & 12 Chicane)

2012 I did a 4 day grandstand rotation. Day 1 was main straight, day 2 was inside turn 1, day 3 was turn 9, day 4 (race) outside turn 1. Got a great shot of Senna’s tangle with Dani.

5. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 13th February 2013, 3:57

the Indian GP is too expensive for a student like me. I am better off watching on TV

6. graham228221 (@graham228221) said on 13th February 2013, 7:26

I’m going to Singapore this year, my second GP after Monza in 2011. Really cannot wait – September seems an age away!

Also planning on taking my 7 year old to some F3 at Brands Hatch – much closer to home :)

7. I’m going to Spa with my future wife. It will be her first coming to a F1 race, and my last since 2005.
    I absolutely want to hear the atmospheric engines one last time before they are replaced by turbos in 2014.
    And it will be 21 years already since my first coming there, in 1992 (and Schumacher’s first win)… I’m getting old :p

8. tobinen (@tobinen) said on 13th February 2013, 11:29

Booked for British GP last week, 3 days with camping. Fingers crossed for good weather!

9. unfortunately :( I have been twice in İstanbulpark at 2010 and 2011! I want to Spa and Monza so much but
    haven’nt enough money maybe after a few years :)

10. Definitely Montreal, it’s an hour and a bit away, maybe Austin, maybe.

11. Dimitris 1395 (@dimitris-1395) said on 13th February 2013, 23:09

I’ll try for Spa, but I’ll be certainly in Monza in September…

12. RobertoLarcos (@robertolarcos) said on 14th February 2013, 3:13

Melbourne and Silverstone for me (can’t be too many races further apart in distance than these two!) plus almost certainly Austin.

I’m gutted I can’t go to Montreal this year after having an amazing time in 2012 (despite the student protests). If only every F1 venue embraced the GP like Montreal!

13. LifeW12 (@lifew12) said on 15th February 2013, 4:23

I’m heading to Melbourne for not only my first F1 race but my first ever live motor race!