Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

Debates and polls

With any racing car, all that really matters is how fast it goes.

But that doesn’t mean they can’t also look good. And the introduction of ‘vanity’ panels to cover up the unsightly stepped noses which appeared on last year’s cars has produced some better looking racers this year.

But which is the best? Have a look at all eleven of the 2013 contenders below and pick you favourite.

Red Bull-Renault RB9

Toro Rosso STR8

Caterham-Renault CT03

Caterham CT03, 2013

Marussia-Cosworth MR02

Marussia MR02, 2013

Over to you

Which team has the best-looking car this year? Cast your vote below.

Which is the best-looking car of 2013?

• Red Bull-Renault RB9 (3%)
  • Ferrari F138 (22%)
  • McLaren-Mercedes MP4-28 (16%)
  • Lotus-Renault E21 (7%)
  • Mercedes W04 (3%)
  • Sauber-Ferrari C32 (28%)
  • Force India-Mercedes VJM06 (3%)
  • Williams-Renault FW35 (5%)
  • Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR8 (3%)
  • Caterham-Renault CT03 (3%)
  • Marussia-Cosworth MR02 (8%)

Total Voters: 720

Loading ... Loading ...

Debates and polls

Browse all debates and polls

Images ?ι?® Various – see watermarks for details

133 comments on Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

1. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 20th February 2013, 13:13

Toro Rosso gets my vote, i love that sharp elegant nose.

2. Nomore said on 20th February 2013, 13:14

Ferrari

3. MPB (@madf1) said on 20th February 2013, 13:15

SFI, Toro Rosso and Marussia for me.

4. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 20th February 2013, 13:18

The Marussia, Sauber, McLaren, Catherham and Force India all look amazing but in the end I had to go with the Marussia. Having hardly any downforce never looked quite so good! :p

5. Bill (@billza71) said on 20th February 2013, 13:20

Lotus & Marussia equal good looking, closely followed by Ferrari

6. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 20th February 2013, 13:21

Voted the Ferrari overall, but there’s something about the Toro Rosso’s nose this year that I love! Think it looks very attractive.

7. tmekt (@tmekt) said on 20th February 2013, 13:22

I don’t understand who would vote for Marussia. That thing is simply hideous, especially its livery.

8. The_Pretender (@the_pretender) said on 20th February 2013, 13:23

Ferrari probably, not a huge fan of the tip of the nose but the rest is beautiful. Lotus is surely the worst, not sure how they made black and gold that ugly.

• The Next Pope said on 20th February 2013, 16:16

I agree about the Lotus car, I love the colors but the placing of the sponsors makes it look cheap. :-/

9. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 20th February 2013, 13:25

Best = Ferrari

Worst = Caterham

10. The question is rather which car is the least ugly. Since 2009 it’s been a disaster. 2007 and 2008 was great on the other hand.

11. toddjamin (@toddjamin) said on 20th February 2013, 13:27

Sauber looks great in that shot, but from above those skinny sidepods look horrid to me. Mclaren looks great as usual, as does the Force India. was nearly tempted in by RBs beautiful front wing but the nose is horrid this year (i personally loved the slot last year) but i went for the torro rosso. I love how aggressive the nose is and im a fan of the undercut sidepod.

12. Zantkiller (@zantkiller) said on 20th February 2013, 13:30

Force India is the best but that is not really saying much.

I don’t know why Sauber have had this change and removed near enough all of the white. In my opinion the black and white Saubers for the past 3 years were the best looking cars on their respective grids and now they have the worst looking car on the grid. That metallic grey is only good in small doses.

13. crr917 (@crr917) said on 20th February 2013, 13:36

Fifty shades of F1 cars :D There is too much gray on the grid.
    Last year I was looking at the cars and felt some colours were missing. I wanted to see yellow and purple cars. And this year RB put purple on their car.
    I like the look of Williams and Marussia but Team Purple wins :)

14. ginnerchris (@ginnerchris) said on 20th February 2013, 13:40

I’d have really liked to have seen them all from the same angle – Do you have suitable images for that Keith.
    Really interested by the look of the Williams and the Sauber – both have nice features. The top 4 teams all have their good points too. My least favourite has got to be the caterham. Don’t like the colour, or the stepped nose, and very little refinement since last year. Difficult to pick a fav livery since so few have changed. I think Sauber could have been bolder in their treatment of the new colourscheme. I do like what Marussia have done to change theirs a bit, and I quite like the more prominent red on the Lotus – seems less stern!

15. zimkazimka (@zimkazimka) said on 20th February 2013, 13:42

Ferrari is the best looking hands down, and somehow that amazing look also transmits maturity and experience. Marussia is close second. It’s just pure sex and sport combined.

16. Christopher (@twiinzspeed) said on 20th February 2013, 13:43

I would have to say the lines on the Sauber are great, but color wise, I really like the new paint job on the Ferarri. The Marussia looks like an Indy car and the Catterham wins the ugly duck (nose) award. I would also give kudos to Williams for their great packaging of the rear and the nose is interesting as well.

17. falconspatrol (@falconspatrol) said on 20th February 2013, 13:48

Ferrari F138 looks the best and Sauber close behind, Mclaren becoming a bit boring…..always the same

• @falconspatrol – McLaren have quite radically changed their car this year I thought and it makes for very nice aesthetics, although I’m not a huge fan of the livery (that said though, it’s now characteristic of them to nearly the same extent as Ferrari’s red, although obviously not quite).

I don’t see the huge hype over the Ferrari though: really they’ve just put some tinsel on what was an inherently ugly car in my view.

18. McLaren or Sauber. The Marrusia is also beatiful.

How the Ferrari got so many votes, I have no idea. It is almost as ugly as last year.

19. Close call between the Sauber and the Mac, but I’m still enthralled by the metallic silver of the Mclaren.

20. Tavo Bautista said on 20th February 2013, 14:11

4 me the most beautiful car this year is the Williams-Renault FW35!