Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

Debates and polls

With any racing car, all that really matters is how fast it goes.

But that doesn’t mean they can’t also look good. And the introduction of ‘vanity’ panels to cover up the unsightly stepped noses which appeared on last year’s cars has produced some better looking racers this year.

But which is the best? Have a look at all eleven of the 2013 contenders below and pick you favourite.

Red Bull-Renault RB9

Toro Rosso STR8

Caterham-Renault CT03

Caterham CT03, 2013

Marussia-Cosworth MR02

Marussia MR02, 2013

Over to you

Which team has the best-looking car this year? Cast your vote below.

Which is the best-looking car of 2013?

• Red Bull-Renault RB9 (3%)
  • Ferrari F138 (22%)
  • McLaren-Mercedes MP4-28 (16%)
  • Lotus-Renault E21 (7%)
  • Mercedes W04 (3%)
  • Sauber-Ferrari C32 (28%)
  • Force India-Mercedes VJM06 (3%)
  • Williams-Renault FW35 (5%)
  • Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR8 (3%)
  • Caterham-Renault CT03 (3%)
  • Marussia-Cosworth MR02 (7%)

Total Voters: 720

Loading ... Loading ...

Debates and polls

Browse all debates and polls

Images ?? Various – see watermarks for details

133 comments on Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

1. S-A-U-B-E-R-!

2. Jonathon (@gambisk) said on 20th February 2013, 13:10

Close call between Sauber and Caterham for me but I had to give it to the big Green Machine. I agree with the wishes of others, I wish I could vote for multiple cars. I’m supprised at the McLaren love as its looked the same for so many years its boring now, Red bull have just gone a step too far with the new purple and there is too much going on now. Torro Rosso are a close third place but not as good as Sauber or Caterham IMO

3. It’s really tough to pick only one car.. I like every one of them except for the C32 (sorry, the livery looks horrible to me).
    I think I’m going to vote Force India, I’ve always loved their livery.

4. claudioff (@claudioff) said on 20th February 2013, 13:11

The Williams front wing seems something taken out of an aliens movie. I loved it.

5. slicecom (@slicecom) said on 20th February 2013, 13:12

Sauber, no contest. I can’t believe how well the Ferrari is doing. That thing is hideous!

6. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 20th February 2013, 13:13

Toro Rosso gets my vote, i love that sharp elegant nose.

7. Nomore said on 20th February 2013, 13:14

Ferrari

8. MPB (@madf1) said on 20th February 2013, 13:15

SFI, Toro Rosso and Marussia for me.

9. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 20th February 2013, 13:18

The Marussia, Sauber, McLaren, Catherham and Force India all look amazing but in the end I had to go with the Marussia. Having hardly any downforce never looked quite so good! :p

10. Bill (@billza71) said on 20th February 2013, 13:20

Lotus & Marussia equal good looking, closely followed by Ferrari

11. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 20th February 2013, 13:21

Voted the Ferrari overall, but there’s something about the Toro Rosso’s nose this year that I love! Think it looks very attractive.

12. tmekt (@tmekt) said on 20th February 2013, 13:22

I don’t understand who would vote for Marussia. That thing is simply hideous, especially its livery.

13. The_Pretender (@the_pretender) said on 20th February 2013, 13:23

Ferrari probably, not a huge fan of the tip of the nose but the rest is beautiful. Lotus is surely the worst, not sure how they made black and gold that ugly.

• The Next Pope said on 20th February 2013, 16:16

I agree about the Lotus car, I love the colors but the placing of the sponsors makes it look cheap. :-/

14. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 20th February 2013, 13:25

Best = Ferrari

Worst = Caterham

15. The question is rather which car is the least ugly. Since 2009 it’s been a disaster. 2007 and 2008 was great on the other hand.