Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

Debates and polls

With any racing car, all that really matters is how fast it goes.

But that doesn’t mean they can’t also look good. And the introduction of ‘vanity’ panels to cover up the unsightly stepped noses which appeared on last year’s cars has produced some better looking racers this year.

But which is the best? Have a look at all eleven of the 2013 contenders below and pick you favourite.

Red Bull-Renault RB9

Toro Rosso STR8

Caterham-Renault CT03

Caterham CT03, 2013

Marussia-Cosworth MR02

Marussia MR02, 2013

Over to you

Which team has the best-looking car this year? Cast your vote below.

Which is the best-looking car of 2013?

• Red Bull-Renault RB9 (3%)
  • Ferrari F138 (22%)
  • McLaren-Mercedes MP4-28 (16%)
  • Lotus-Renault E21 (7%)
  • Mercedes W04 (3%)
  • Sauber-Ferrari C32 (28%)
  • Force India-Mercedes VJM06 (3%)
  • Williams-Renault FW35 (5%)
  • Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR8 (3%)
  • Caterham-Renault CT03 (3%)
  • Marussia-Cosworth MR02 (7%)

Total Voters: 720

Loading ... Loading ...

Debates and polls

Browse all debates and polls

Images ?ι?® Various – see watermarks for details

133 comments on Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

1. toddjamin (@toddjamin) said on 20th February 2013, 13:27

Sauber looks great in that shot, but from above those skinny sidepods look horrid to me. Mclaren looks great as usual, as does the Force India. was nearly tempted in by RBs beautiful front wing but the nose is horrid this year (i personally loved the slot last year) but i went for the torro rosso. I love how aggressive the nose is and im a fan of the undercut sidepod.

2. Zantkiller (@zantkiller) said on 20th February 2013, 13:30

Force India is the best but that is not really saying much.

I don’t know why Sauber have had this change and removed near enough all of the white. In my opinion the black and white Saubers for the past 3 years were the best looking cars on their respective grids and now they have the worst looking car on the grid. That metallic grey is only good in small doses.

3. crr917 (@crr917) said on 20th February 2013, 13:36

Fifty shades of F1 cars :D There is too much gray on the grid.
    Last year I was looking at the cars and felt some colours were missing. I wanted to see yellow and purple cars. And this year RB put purple on their car.
    I like the look of Williams and Marussia but Team Purple wins :)

4. ginnerchris (@ginnerchris) said on 20th February 2013, 13:40

I’d have really liked to have seen them all from the same angle – Do you have suitable images for that Keith.
    Really interested by the look of the Williams and the Sauber – both have nice features. The top 4 teams all have their good points too. My least favourite has got to be the caterham. Don’t like the colour, or the stepped nose, and very little refinement since last year. Difficult to pick a fav livery since so few have changed. I think Sauber could have been bolder in their treatment of the new colourscheme. I do like what Marussia have done to change theirs a bit, and I quite like the more prominent red on the Lotus – seems less stern!

5. zimkazimka (@zimkazimka) said on 20th February 2013, 13:42

Ferrari is the best looking hands down, and somehow that amazing look also transmits maturity and experience. Marussia is close second. It’s just pure sex and sport combined.

6. Christopher (@twiinzspeed) said on 20th February 2013, 13:43

I would have to say the lines on the Sauber are great, but color wise, I really like the new paint job on the Ferarri. The Marussia looks like an Indy car and the Catterham wins the ugly duck (nose) award. I would also give kudos to Williams for their great packaging of the rear and the nose is interesting as well.

7. falconspatrol (@falconspatrol) said on 20th February 2013, 13:48

Ferrari F138 looks the best and Sauber close behind, Mclaren becoming a bit boring…..always the same

• @falconspatrol – McLaren have quite radically changed their car this year I thought and it makes for very nice aesthetics, although I’m not a huge fan of the livery (that said though, it’s now characteristic of them to nearly the same extent as Ferrari’s red, although obviously not quite).

I don’t see the huge hype over the Ferrari though: really they’ve just put some tinsel on what was an inherently ugly car in my view.

8. McLaren or Sauber. The Marrusia is also beatiful.

How the Ferrari got so many votes, I have no idea. It is almost as ugly as last year.

9. Close call between the Sauber and the Mac, but I’m still enthralled by the metallic silver of the Mclaren.

10. Tavo Bautista said on 20th February 2013, 14:11

4 me the most beautiful car this year is the Williams-Renault FW35!

11. LoreMipsumdOtmElor said on 20th February 2013, 14:16

Williams and Caterham, definitely.

12. mark Murphy said on 20th February 2013, 14:16

I’ve always had my favorite which is Ferrari, my biggest disappointment was to see the biggest car manufacturer in the world fail dismally and then pull out altogether, again Honda pulling out after there accompaniments in motor sports was again dismal.
    I really hope Williams shines this year I’d love to see them with the championship and the underdogs making all the top teams really have to earn every point

13. melkurion (@melkurion) said on 20th February 2013, 14:16

For me it was a toss up between Sauber and Williams, but went fotr Sauber, though I love the “half-car”look of the williams and it’s stubby nose design. Thrird would be lotus probably. Mercedes is by FAR the ugliest in my oppinion, ferrari and mclaren are kinda uninspiring and bland

14. McLaren all the way, sauber looks pretty good also

15. DaveD (@daved) said on 20th February 2013, 14:17

I’m not a huge Sauber fan…though I may be now that they have the Hulk :-) But I definitely think they have the best looking car. Nice livery and they got rid of that god awful duckbill platypus nose!