On April 9th the Sky F1 channel will become part of the Sky Sports package which costs £21 per month on top of a £21.50 per month Sky subscription (excluding offers), with a minimum 12-month contract.
The F1 channel is currently part of the HD pack which costs £381 per year (discounted to £349.50 at present). Existing Sky customers who receive the F1 channel through the HD pack will continue to do so after the move. According to Sky, 4.5 million subscribers have the HD pack.
Sky is also planning to offer on-demand access to Sky Sports via its Now TV streaming website. This service, which does not require a Sky contract, will offer 24 hours’ access to Sky Sports, including the F1 channel, for £9.99.
Nine of this year’s nineteen races will be shown on free-to-air television in the UK. All the rounds are being shown on Sky.
2013 F1 season
- Three-day test to take place next week
- Force India hold off Sauber challenge for sixth
- Williams recruit Red Bull and Lotus aero staff
- 2013 F1 season is lowest-rated year since 2009
- Caption Competition 40: Hamilton, Raikkonen and Vettel
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image © Red Bull/Getty