On April 9th the Sky F1 channel will become part of the Sky Sports package which costs ?é?ú21 per month on top of a ?é?ú21.50 per month Sky subscription (excluding offers), with a minimum 12-month contract.
The F1 channel is currently part of the HD pack which costs ?é?ú381 per year (discounted to ?é?ú349.50 at present). Existing Sky customers who receive the F1 channel through the HD pack will continue to do so after the move. According to Sky, 4.5 million subscribers have the HD pack.
Sky is also planning to offer on-demand access to Sky Sports via its Now TV streaming website. This service, which does not require a Sky contract, will offer 24 hours’ access to Sky Sports, including the F1 channel, for ?é?ú9.99.
Nine of this year’s nineteen races will be shown on free-to-air television in the UK. All the rounds are being shown on Sky.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty