The sport’ governing body said it will represent “the rights and interests of drivers across the disciplines”.
Among its members are two-times world champion Emerson Fittipaldi, who serves as its president.
He is joined by 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell, fellow F1 drivers Emanuele Pirro and Karun Chandhok, and former Marussia test driver Maria de Villota.
FIA Drivers’ Commission members
|Single-seaters||Nigel Mansell||United Kingdom|
|Maria de Villota||Spain|
|Sports cars, GTs and touring cars||Emanuele Pirro||Itay|
|Rally and cross-country rally||Nasser Al Attiyah||Qatar|
|Other disciplines||Kenneth Hansen||Sweden|
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT