2013 Australian Grand Prix TV Times

2013 Australian Grand Prix

F1 Fanatic Live will be running during the entire Australian Grand Prix weekend. Look out for the live page on the site during every session and follow all the action with your fellow F1 Fanatics.

Here are the details of Sky and the BBC’s coverage of the Australian Grand Prix here in the UK:

Friday 15th March 2013

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts Session ends
Australian Grand Prix first practice live Sky Sports F1 01:00 01:30 03:00
Australian Grand Prix second practice live Sky Sports F1 05:15 05:30 07:00

Saturday 16th March 2013

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts Session ends
Australian Grand Prix third practice live Sky Sports F1 02:45 03:00 04:00
Australian Grand Prix qualifying live Sky Sports F1 05:00 06:00
Australian Grand Prix qualifying highlights BBC1 13:00

Sunday 17th March 2013

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts
Australian Grand Prix live Sky Sports F1 04:30 06:00
Australian Grand Prix highlights BBC1 13:50

Update: Coverage of the postponed Q2 and Q3 sessions can be seen on Sky Sports F1 from 11:45pm on Saturday (the session begins at midnight) and highlights on BBC1 at 5:15am on Sunday.

Please share details of the F1 coverage in your area and let us know how you will be following the race in the comments.

If you’re unable to watch the race at your location, join the F1 in Pubs forum to find a place to watch the race:

Find times for every F1 session this year and all the 2012 race dates with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar.

2013 Australian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Australian Grand Prix articles

34 comments on 2013 Australian Grand Prix TV Times

1. Fisha695 (@fisha695) said on 14th March 2013, 16:59

USA NBCSports Network coverage schedule.

Friday March 15th 2013

12:00am — Aussie GP [Replay]
    02:30am — F1 Extra Au [Replay]

Tuesday March 19th 2013
    12:00am — Aussie GP [Replay]
    02:30am — F1 Extra Au [Replay]
    **All USA times Eastern**

2. It’s going to be a pretty sleepless night for me then tonight!

• D (@f190) said on 14th March 2013, 17:44

+1 – I’m UK based and have work tomorrow so guess I’ll stay up till around 3am, and just miss FP2.

At least I don’t work weekends, so get to watch everything else :) I will just be very red-eyed come Monday morning. But hey, what addict isn’t ?!

• HoHum (@hohum) said on 14th March 2013, 23:45

Max, get a PVR, get with it kid.

• DD42 said on 15th March 2013, 3:25

Just watched a sky stream. It was more like listening to radio with a few photos of an f1 car interspersed. It was disappointing but I’m planning on installing a satellite so I can view fom footage perfectly and I’ll make do with skys commentary when BBC isn’t available. I feel like that at the moment the casual viewer in the 60′s had it better than me, last years sky races were very frustrating, but I’ll have a legal solution soon.

Btw just because I have money doesn’t mean I’m about to spend 3k+ on sky for 10 years when I would much rather put that towards a season of formula ford for myself, and I think anyone who loves racing and is not racing in a series themselves should drop their sky subscriptions and get actively involved.

Winning a competitive race yourself is a much better high then watching any race.

3. moody said on 14th March 2013, 17:29

Skyyyyyyy Nooooooo! :-)

Oh well back to watching rubbish streams I guess.

4. goofy (@goofy) said on 14th March 2013, 18:43

Germany: (CET / start of coverage)

Friday:
    FP1 02:25 Sky Sport 1/HD1
    FP2 06:25 Sky Sport 1/HD1 & Sport1 (former DSF – free to air over 19.2°E)

Saturday:
    FP3 03:55 Sky Sport 1/HD1 and 06:00 RTL (replay)
    Q: 06:45 Sky Sport 1/HD1 and RTL

Sunday:
    R: 06:00 Sky Sport 1/HD1 and RTL

5. American_F1_Fan (@american_f1_fan) said on 14th March 2013, 21:05

I’ll be doing the same thing I’ve done for the past few years, downloading quality UK coverage of FP’s, qualy, and the race, in HD. NBC Sports channel is in the highest priced tier package of my provider (DirecTV, $70/mo) and while I have yet to see their coverage, I can say that Speed Channel’s past coverage was abysmal compared to UK coverage. I don’t expect any better from NBC Sports Network. I’m sorry, but coverage with insane amounts of commercials and commentators who know less about the sport than I (and I’m by no means an expert) is just a turn off.

I’d rather wait a few hours and download quality UK coverage as most of the races are in the middle of the night for me anyway, being on the West Coast of the US.

• HoHum (@hohum) said on 14th March 2013, 23:50

That’s a bit hard on Hobbs and Matchett but right on for the rest. Tough luck about NBC S on Direct TV, I have to have Comcast cable in FL and it’s in my Basic+ package.

• American_F1_Fan (@american_f1_fan) said on 15th March 2013, 0:40

Fair enough, Hobbs and Matchett weren’t horrible, but Varsha was just ridiculous. Glad you get NBC S in your basic+ package, I hope for you that NBC S coverage is better than Speed’s was!

6. Bendanarama (@bendana) said on 14th March 2013, 21:28

Just to say, for those who want to be Legit (lol) and are on virgin media, Sky Sports are half price for three months for current customers.

7. Ivan B (@njoydesign) said on 14th March 2013, 21:59

after such a long wait… these 4 hours cant be too long. Or can it? )))

8. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 14th March 2013, 22:30

The plan is: power nap, FP1, FP2, nap again, go to lectures, nap again, go out, watch Quali, sleep!

Formula 1 is back, and couldn’t be happier :)

9. Peter Thomas said on 15th March 2013, 1:11

Canada:
    FRIDAY, MARCH 15
    RACE TIME ET/PT NETWORK
    Australian Grand Prix Practice 1:25am/10:25pm TSN2

SATURDAY, MARCH 16
    RACE TIME ET/PT NETWORK
    Australian Grand Prix Qualifying 1:55am/10:55pm TSN

SUNDAY, MARCH 17
    RACE TIME ET/PT NETWORK
    Australian Grand Prix 1:55am/10:55pm TSN

10. Sidharth (@sidhusmart) said on 15th March 2013, 6:08

#India

As always this season too Star Sports is showing the F1 season live. In fact I checked the TV schedule and it looks like they are showing the Practice sessions too for the Australian GP. It just sucks that I have to be at work and will miss Qualifying as well!

Saturday:
    Q: 11:30 a.m. Star Sports

Sunday:
    R: 11:30 a.m. Star Sports

11. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 16th March 2013, 16:30

Does anyone know whether Sky will show large portions of Q2 and Q3 during the race build up due to this relatively unique rearrangement?

12. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 16th March 2013, 18:37

F1 quali is at midnight in the uk. i think i might light up some candles and have a romantic dinner with it. hehe

13. Tomsk (@tomsk) said on 16th March 2013, 21:01

Highlights at 5.15am? Thanks, BBC. That’ll be almost like the good old days when we could get up early and watch the race live…

Does the contract say BBC can only show F1 4 hours after the event (or something)?