Pastor Maldonado said Williams have gone backwards after being eliminated during Q1 for the Australian Grand Prix.
“I think we’re back to three years ago condition in the team,” said Maldonado. “We need to work very hard to solve the problems.”
“The car is undriveable at the moment. We need to work very and see.”
Maldonado’s words are in contrast to his pre-season optimism when he described the FW35 as the best car he’d had.
“The track is completely different, the conditions, everything. For any reason we didn’t adapt our car to this track in whatever the conditions is,” he said today.
“On the wet we were slow, on the dry as well so we’ll see the pace for tomorrow seems to be much better but [qualifying] pace is really bad.”
2013 Australian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2013 Australian Grand Prix
- Raikkonen wins first 2013 Driver of the Weekend poll
- Positive rating for first race of 2013
- Red Bull and Mercedes not the only ones resorting to team orders
- First Predictions round won by Prateek727
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT