2013 Australian GP and qualifying in pictures

F1 Pictures

Australian F1 Grand Prix - Race

It was a busy final day at Albert Park with the race and most of qualifying held on the same day. Here’s pictures of Sunday’s action in Melbourne.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

11 comments on 2013 Australian GP and qualifying in pictures

1. andae23 (@andae23) said on 17th March 2013, 15:00

I think it will become a new sport for photographers to get a picture of a driver with the Rolex crown above him :)

2. I love that first picture! So much talent in that…

• dennis (@dennis) said on 18th March 2013, 7:49

It would be great if anyone were to get along as well as they appear to in that picture.
      So that everybody could simply acknowledge that there are several world class drivers out there, all capable of winning.

3. Ben (@) said on 17th March 2013, 23:43

Always the best selection of head-on shots of F1 cars on the Internet.

4. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 17th March 2013, 23:49

Do my eyes decieve me, or have the photographer vantage points changed for this year? There are a whole lot of new camera angles for this race, and a lot of the angles used in previous years haven’t been used.

5. wsrgo (@wsrgo) said on 18th March 2013, 4:09

Is it me, or do the cars look the best since the start of the 2009 season?

• dennis (@dennis) said on 18th March 2013, 7:51

They started to look better, but I still prefer the cars from 2010, when they didn’t have to have to fit a large fuel tank for a full race. the proportions were a bit nicer, imo.

• @dennis 2010 was already no refuelling again, I think you mean 2009, I do to prefer the short wheelbase racers.

• dennis (@dennis) said on 18th March 2013, 14:05

2010 was the last year without refuelling. And personally I liked the cars from that year best. The F2010 especially. I also liked the Red Bull’s front, with those “shoulders” on the side of the chassis. But the each his own. :)

I recently rewatched a few races from the 90′s, and I have to say I miss the 2m wide cars. A lot.

• wsrgo (@wsrgo) said on 19th March 2013, 1:38

@dennis

2010 was the last year without refuelling.

2010 was the first year since 1993 sans refuelling. The rules have stayed thus since.

6. joetoml1n (@joetoml1n) said on 18th March 2013, 16:50

@keithcollantine any chance of getting full HD (or greater) pictures up, instead of the 1680 x 1120 resolution they currently are? I guess the decision may not just be down to you though??
    They would look so much better on my TV ;)