Kimi Raikkonen said his season-opening win at Melbourne was “not too difficult”.
“I had a good feeling on Friday already we just had the best set-up in that time,” he said after the race.
“I knew that the rears should be OK once we get the front from last season. We made some changes, I was expecting that the tyres should be pretty OK but of course you never know what the other teams would do. In the first race you always have doubts about how many laps you can do on a set of tyres.”
Raikkonen said it was “the best way” to begin the new season. “But like I sad we were pretty happy with the car in Barcelona, once we came here we seem to improve the car, it’s been pretty good all weekend.”
“It was a bit disappointing to only qualify seventh but with the conditions out there it wasn’t easy. I knew if I made it through the first lap with a pretty good position we should give ourselves a good chance for fighting on the podium and it turned out to be no too difficult.”
2013 Australian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2013 Australian Grand Prix
- Raikkonen wins first 2013 Driver of the Weekend poll
- Positive rating for first race of 2013
- Red Bull and Mercedes not the only ones resorting to team orders
- First Predictions round won by Prateek727