2013 Malaysian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

F1 Pictures

merc-rosb-sepa-2013

The second qualifying session of 2013 was rather like the first – rain made life difficult for the drivers and Sebastian Vettel planted the Red Bull on pole.

Here’s pictures from qualifying and final practice for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

13 comments on 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

1. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 23rd March 2013, 13:34

Oh, my god. He wore his 4th helmet in 2013. Vettel. That’s what I was talking about.

• andae23 (@andae23) said on 23rd March 2013, 14:04

I’m not sure, but I believe he changed helmets between Q2 and Q3.

• @sigman1998@andae23‘s right, he changed back to his Melbourne blue helmet because it had the rain visors et all. I think he’s only on his second actually because wasn’t the Q1/2 helemt one he debuted also in Australia?

• Shena (@shena) said on 23rd March 2013, 15:11

He’s only(?) used three different helmets in this season.
      The chrome-purple one, throughout winter testing and MAL FP1-3 & Q1-2
      The blue one, a couple of days in Barcelona and in AUS Q1-3 & race, MAL Q3
      The white one – Baumgartner tribute helmet, AUS FP1-3
      And yes, he switched to the blue helmet between Q2&3 today because of the wet track conditions.

• the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 23rd March 2013, 16:40

Just joking of cource. Thanks @andae23 for correcting me.

2. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 23rd March 2013, 14:27

One thing that would be cool, is if Vettel collaborated with local artists to create his helmet designs. Just puttin’ it out there :)

3. Briuan said on 23rd March 2013, 15:20

For God Sake! I don’t understand all these pointless complains about him having many helmets, let him have 10/weekend if he wants! What is your problem? At least it won’t get boring.

4. Are there any pictures of all these new helmets? I’ve sen the purple one but not the others.

5. Txizzle (@txizzle) said on 24th March 2013, 0:10

I still like the look of the Mclaren, it’s just that that damn rearwing keeps reminding me of there not being a new episode of Tooned after Australia! There had better be a new one soon! :P Then McLaren are at least doing thát right. :P

6. Txizzle (@txizzle) said on 24th March 2013, 1:13

Seems McLaren won’t bring new Tooned episodes untill Spain. To bad…