2013 F1 season
Jenson Button has been consistently chosen as the most popular driver on F1 Fanatic since the ‘driver support’ feature was added in late 2011.
But as the 2013 begins Kimi Raikkonen has displaced Lewis Hamilton as the second favourite driver of F1 Fanatic readers.
The Lotus driver has moved quickly up the rankings since his F1 comeback last year.
Of the new drivers Valtteri Bottas is your favourite so far, having already amassed more supporters than Jean-Eric Vergne and Charles Pic.
Here’s a breakdown of how many supporters each of the drivers have at the start of the new season.
- Jenson Button
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Lewis Hamilton
- Fernando Alonso
- Mark Webber
- Sebastian Vettel
- Paul di Resta
- Sergio Perez
- Nico Rosberg
- Felipe Massa
- Nico Hulkenberg
- Romain Grosjean
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Adrian Sutil
- Pastor Maldonado
- Valtteri Bottas
- Jean-Eric Vergne
- Jules Bianchi
- Charles Pic
- Max Chilton
- Esteban Gutierrez
- Giedo van der Garde
McLaren are still the clear favourite among the teams enjoying almost twice as many supporters as Ferrari, with Lotus not far behind.
Despite three years of considerable success Red Bull inspire comparatively little affection. They have just fallen behind Mercedes, perhaps because the popular Lewis Hamilton is driving for the Silver Arrows this year.
- Red Bull
- Force India
- Toro Rosso
NB. Figures correct as of March 30th 2013
How to show your support
Here’s how to show which drivers and teams you are supporting:
- Log in with your F1 Fanatic account
- Select Edit My Profile from the top-right menu
- Select F1 Teams and Drivers
- Make your selection then click Save Changes
2013 F1 season
- Vettel vs Webber and Alonso vs Massa, 2009-2013
- Maldonado’s “best car” was another Williams failure
- Mark Webber’s F1 career in pictures
- Marussia finally reach the top ten – with two rookies
- Caterham play the long game and drop to last
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image © McLaren/Hoch Zwei