The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Kubica may have crashed out of rallying for good
- Watch F1 rookie Ayrton Senna beat ten world champions in identical cars
- “Who do you think you are – Lewis Hamilton?”
- McLaren is latest team to reveal an ‘F1 car of the future’ design
- Montoya plays down Le Mans rumours after Porsche WEC test
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy