The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Too many teams “throw money” at F1 – Haas
- Haas Formula may defer F1 entry to 2016
- 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Teams need FOTA with “crisis around the corner”
- 2014 Australian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy