The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Williams pleased to “luck into” Mercedes engine deal
- Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery
- Mercedes reveal interactive 360-degree video of W05
- ‘Most races will be fuel-limited’ – Newey
- ‘Some races will be flat out’ – Fry
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy