The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Aero kits to shake up IndyCar competition in 2015
- 2015 Australian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Slow motion video shows Maldonado’s first-lap crash
- WTCC Argentina, WRC Mexico and NASCAR Las Vegas
- Daniel Ricciardo’s Route to F1
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy