First trailer for Ron Howard’s 1976 F1 film Rush

Rush

McLaren M23, Nurburgring Nordschleife, Rush filming, 2011The first trailer for Ron Howard’s forthcoming film Rush has appeared.

The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.

Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.

See pictures of the cars being filmed here:

F1 video

Browse all F1 videos

Image ?? PistonSpy

129 comments on First trailer for Ron Howard’s 1976 F1 film Rush

1. jre_f1 (@jre_f1) said on 8th April 2013, 22:56

I’m so excited to see this, it looks like it could be amazing! The cinematography of it just looks mouth watering.

2. Hairs (@hairs) said on 8th April 2013, 23:19

This isn’t out for ages and I’ve only seen a tiny bit of it. I’m probably not going to see it in the cinema either.

Therefore, I feel I’m the perfect candidate to weigh in with a nonsensically grave comment that assumes my opinion is the only correct one, and state that the film is going to be a bit of a film. There’ll be filmy bits in it, and other bits where people are talking. Some people will talk more than others, and some people will be more physically attractive than others. People will have differing degrees of interest in their character. The film will end after a period of time determined by the director following consultations with his team of professionals. Many people will eat loudly for the duration. Others will be dragged there unwillingly by a ham fisted significant other.

All the comments above are wrong.

3. Mark McDonald said on 9th April 2013, 1:05

For sure, I’ll be seeing this film. How I wish Ron Howard (or another A-list director) would have made a film about the tragic Villeneuve – Pironi rivalry of ’82.

4. Abdurahman (@) said on 9th April 2013, 1:40

I agree with someone above, the trailer is making me more excited not less. My first reaction to seeing some of the still photos though on here, wow, Marlboro must be loving this and were they paying/being paid for any of this publicity?

5. Liz Gregson (@elsybetg) said on 9th April 2013, 1:54

Looks like Hollywood crap to me.

6. reinvented2 (@reinvented2) said on 9th April 2013, 2:04

My Father took myself and my best friend 1976 Canadian Grand Prix (my first Grand Prix), have been following since.
    Needless to say I am really looking forward to this film

7. Pennyroyal tea (@peartree) said on 9th April 2013, 2:31

Love those cars, I don’t like films based in actual events though, that’s the job for documentaries even so I don’t really like when people start messing with facts.