The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- 2014 Russian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2014 Japanese Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ricciardo aims to be in title hunt at final round
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy