Chinese driver Ma Qing Hua will make a one-off appearance for Caterham in the first practice session for his home race tomorrow.
Ma made four appearances for HRT during practice sessions last year at Monza, Singapore, Yas Marina and the Circuit of the Americas. This will be the first time a Chinese driver has driven in an official F1 session in China.
He will sport a new helmet during tomorrow’s practice, trading his black and white yin-yang for one incorporating the Chinese flag and, of course, Caterham’s sponsors:
Charles Pic will give up his car during the first 90 minutes of running for the GP2 driver to use.
See the helmet designs being used by all the regular F1 drivers here:
2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- Alonso voted Chinese GP Driver of the Weekend
- Fun or artifical? Mixed views in China Rate the Race
- F1 fans’ 2013 Chinese Grand Prix video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- 2013 Chinese Grand Prix weekend in Tweets
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others